This role will assist in the delivery and development of physiological support for World Class Programme athletes in the Great Britain Cycling Team (GBCT), as part of the ‘Physical Preparation’ theme of performance support. The successful candidate will be required to assist the senior physiologists in the delivery and development of physiological support across Olympic and Paralympic Disciplines, and pathway programs within British Cycling, with the aim of ensuring coaches and athletes are able to make informed choices to maximise training adaptation and performance.
Main Tasks and Activities
Working with the British Cycling Training Science Lead, Senior Physiologists and EIS Physiology Technical Lead you will:
- Independently deliver laboratory and field-based physiology testing alongside athlete monitoring to assess targeted areas of athlete development.
- Provide Senior Physiologists and the Training Science Lead with objective data and insightful analysis from physiological testing and monitoring to support training design and athlete progression.
- Deliver physiology world class basics in line with the GBCT strategy and guidance from the Senior Physiologists.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of work conducted with, and data collected from, athletes to provide engaging written and oral feedback to Senior Physiologists and the wider physical preparation team.
- At the direction of senior physiologists, develop educational material for GBCT athletes, coaches, and practitioners underpinned by current scientific research.
- Engage with and support continuous professional development including technical and non-technical development i.e., BASES accreditation; and be able to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of Athlete Support Personnel roles and responsibilities under the current World Anti-Doping Code.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!