Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of tennis in Ireland. Tennis Ireland was founded in 1908 and has almost 180 affiliated clubs and engages with almost 80,000 players. Tennis Ireland stages Pro Tour events including the AIG Irish Open Championships, and selects teams to participate in the Fed Cup, Davis Cup and other international events at
Junior, Senior and Veterans level. Tennis Ireland also supports the delivery of a wide range of competitive, educational and development programmes at local, provincial and national levels. www.tennisireland.ie
Leinster Tennis is the largest Branch within Tennis Ireland accounting for 81 Clubs, up to 30,000 players, and a Junior Performance Squad of almost 300 boys/girls under the age of 18.
This position will have overall responsibility for the operation of the Leinster Branch of Tennis Ireland. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join the team. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritise and multitask, and be a strong communicator.
Key duties and responsibilities
The duties will include:
- Providing information and advice to affiliated clubs in relation to tournaments, squads and the services available from Leinster Tennis.
- Administration for Leinster squads – send out offer letters, coordinate responses, set up EPP for squad payments, ensure all players sign registration form, monitor squad payments, organise kit, sell kit, monitor squad attendance via roll calls provided by coaches. Order tennis balls. Book courts for squads. Book courts for squad matchplays.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Leinster Tennis office and staff.
- Website – Keep website news up to date, create content for Facebook and Twitter. Update calendar with links to tournament software.
- Support Interpros – Junior, Senior, Veterans. Book venues if in Leinster, organise accommodation, food and transport if in other provinces. Send out selection letters and coordinate responses. Organise kit for interpro teams.
- Organise Grand Prix event including prizes.
- Organise all prizes for matchplays, leagues etc. Collect cups from previous year.
- Executive support for the Leinster council – prepare for and attend meetings, AGM etc.
- Management and set up of leagues run by the Leinster Branch. Understand and support all tasks particularly league set up and score entries.
- Organise venues for league finals.
- To adhere to the Tennis Ireland Code of Conduct for Employees.
- Other duties as required.
The above is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, and additional reasonable duties and requirements associated with the role will arise throughout the period of employment.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Third level qualification in a sports or management related area.
- A strong understanding of the structure of sport in Ireland, preferably tennis.
- At least three years’ experience working in Sport.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast changing and dynamic environment.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in utilising social media tools.
- Full clean driving licence with access to own transport is desirable.
- Satisfactory Garda / Police Vetting.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- The contract is 3 year fixed term based on 37.5 hours per week.
- Flexibility is required with the successful candidate required to work weekends or out of office hours as necessary
- Reports to: President of Leinster Branch and Tennis Ireland Operations Manager
- Location: Based at the Leinster Branch Offices in Cranford, Montrose, Dublin with some hybrid/remote working flexibility.
- Remuneration: Range of €45,000-50,000 basic salary [based on skills and experience evidence provided during the interview process].
How to apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to email your Letter of application and CV to the Tennis Ireland HR team to no later than 5pm on 12th August 2022.
Please reference 'Operations Manager Leinster Branch application' in the subject line.
Late applications will not be considered.
Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.
Tennis Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
and come back later!