- Become a key component in growing the success of The Nest
- Incredible opportunity to grow & learn from the industries best!
- Join a League that's driving change within the sports industry
About the Company
The Tasmania JackJumpers are one-of-ten basketball clubs that form the National Basketball League (NBL) competition. With an incredible first season and community impact they have established within the league during their debut in the 21/22 fixture - are at the forefront of conversation for Australian Basketball around the country and globally.
The National Basketball League (NBL) is regarded as one of the premier basketball organisations in the world, and is home to some of the world’s best athletes and is in an exception growth phase worldwide. In everything the JackJumpers do, they represent the state of Tasmania with pride. On the court, in the stands and in the community.
With the tip-off of the 22/23 Season fast approaching, the Tasmania JackJumpers are looking for a Community Program Coordinator to join our team and manage community programs and the commercial revenue growth of the club.
Reporting to the Head of Community Engagement, the Community Program Coordinator will play a key role in the delivery of all our community programs. You will be help develop clear and actionable program schedules and work closely with internal and external community stakeholders to ensure the JackJumpers continue to maintain strong connections with the Tasmanian Community. This role encompasses all aspects of the community department and will particularly focus on the delivery of player appearances, basketball academy programs and holiday camp activities, as well as managing fan engagement activities outside the arena on game days.
- Develop and implement JackJumpers school holiday community camps, with a focus on sales and driving revenue from these camps.
- Develop and implement JackJumpers academy programs, utilising JackJumpers players and coaches to drive revenue through managing paid clinics and programs.
- Coordinate, maintain and deliver community participation programs including player community appearances.
- Manage the delivery of concourse activations on gameday, including designing family-friendly activities, stakeholder engagement, overseeing volunteers, and the required set up and pack down on game days.
- Engage and promote within community groups to further promote basketball and the JackJumpers within the community.
- Manage merchandise and promotional items within the community department. Examples include camp basketballs, Gametime singlets, membership packs, showbags etc
- Maintain and update records; e.g. working with children checks across the club.
- Charity administration - work closely with current and potential charity partners of the Tasmania JackJumpers, responding to requests and maintaining accurate records with regards to charitable giveaways.
- Design and implement new initiatives for the JackJumpers community programs.
- Ensure equipment and supplies, including first aid kits, are ready pre and post camps. Any other task required for community visits or academy camps.
- Identify and suggest ways to improve operational efficiencies.
- Other projects and initiatives as directed.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a community role.
- Go-getter attitude, strives for success, and enjoys the being in the community
- Experience in basketball and understanding of terminology
- Proven ability to develop and implement community programs with a revenue focus.
- Sales experience and ability to set and achieve sales budgets.
- Detailed and meticulous planning skills and attention to detail.
- Stakeholder engagement skills, including follow-up, reporting and engaging with
- Experience in working to set KPI's
- Be adaptable, with a “can do” attitude and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team to ensure a premium brand experience.
- Familiarity of working within sporting entertainment (desirable).
- Has a current driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Tasmanian working with vulnerable people check.
At The Nest, we have 3 core values that are imperative to the success of not just the club, but for Tasmania. To be a JackJumper is to:
Aim High, Jump Higher - “A passion for excellence”
Everyone Belongs in the Nest - “Commitment to our Community”
Ignite the Spirit in Others - “We inspire others”
About the Benefits
- Work for a League that is entering most exciting phase of growth
- Unique opportunity to gain hands on experience & grow in your career!
- Access to our Wellness Program
- Join a highly collaborative, dedicated, and driven team
- Enjoy working in light and bright modern office space
- Community focused and determined to put Tassie at the forefront of sports in Australia
- Best seats in the house on game night!
- All-access behind the scenes pass to the NBL
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!