Swim England is striving to create a happier, healthier and more successful nation through swimming and aquatic activity. We strive to inspire everyone to enjoy the water in the way that suits them. As the recognised national governing body for swimming, artistic swimming, diving and water polo in England, we help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water safely, and compete in all our sports.
To support the development, implementation and delivery of programmes and projects aimed at introducing the aquatics sports to participants, increasing and retaining membership in Swim England.
- In consultation with the Club Growth & Programme Manager devise and lead the implementation of programmes that support the growth of the aquatic sports and increase participation across all disciplines with a focus on Swim England membership
- Work with internal teams and external partners to gather insight from a range of sources to plan and implement growth programmes for the aquatic sports
- Develop working relationships with external partners including clubs, operators, volunteers, Active Partnerships, universities, community groups and regions to support delivery of growth programmes
- Lead the implementation of identified programmes/events, taking responsibility for partner relationships, project management, cross-team working, investment of resources, programme budgets, monitoring of outcomes and continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of project management or managing sports growth programmes
- Experience working with sport organisations and/or with sports clubs
- Experience developing, implementing and evolving programmes based on insight
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders including volunteers and professional staff
- Experience producing plans and reports for internal and external use
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner either individually or as part of a team
- Degree or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Good knowledge of sport development and the aquatic landscape
- Awareness of the potential challenges to aquatic growth in the current climate
- Proven ability to influence others (both staff and volunteers)
- Experience of delivering inclusive programmes
- Experience of using online and digital resources to engage audiences
Download full job description and person specification
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 30th September 2023
and come back later!