The role of the Fundraising and Events Executive is to maximise income (as per the agreed financial target) for the Sussex Cricket Foundation (SCF) through fundraising events and to deliver wider organisational stakeholder events to raise the profile of the SCF. This role will be responsible for running community cricket events with the support of the wider SCF team.
- Agree an annual fundraising and events strategy for SCF, in collaboration with the Sussex Cricket Foundation Fundraising Committee and Community Cricket Director.
- To assist with the coordination of SCF Vice Presidents’ (VP) Scheme. Including, organising the annual VP dinner and regular communication with VPs during the season (hosting Boardroom lunches).
- Project manage on all fundraising activities for the SCF. This will include specific fundraising events, such as the Workplace B’Ashes.
- Project manage the ‘Where Cricket Meets’ lunch, the main annual fundraising event for SCF
- Develop and maintain long-lasting positive relationships with event attendees, including senior corporate contacts and individual supporters to build a loyal supporter base.
- Nurture existing relationships with community partners such as 1st Central, Webtrends Optimize, to ensure they continue to support SCF beyond their agreements.
- Proactively look to create new relationships (in conjunction with the Commercial department) with associated fundraising partners, to broaden the reach and impact of the work of SCF and promote the wider club to the local community.
- Proactively sell SCF events, maximising income through ticket/table sales, auction and raffle income as well as seeking additional opportunities to boost fundraising.
- Promote the work of the SCF at fundraising events, through associated media and literature.
- Input into the creation of the annual SCF Impact Report, ensuring it is shared with new and existing supporters.
- Project manage various community events at The 1st Central County Ground as directed by the Community Cricket Director in collaboration with the SCF leadership team. These include:
- Schools Day
- DIScoverABILITY Day
- Volunteers Day, Grassroots Cricket Awards
- Other related events as required by the Business Manager
- To carry out tasks in a timely, accurate and high-quality manner.
- Maintain close working relationships with all Sussex Cricket staff and uphold the Organisation’s shared values.
- Attend events, presentations and meetings which may involve some out-of-hours work, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays. i.e., Match day activations and SCF events.
- Any other reasonable additional and related duties as requested by line manager.
- Experience in a similar role, either paid or voluntary
- Successful track record of event management
- Collaborative approach
- Proven track record of successfully meeting fundraising targets
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines
- Inclusive style of working
- Strong communicator who works well in a team
- Ability to learn quickly and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good Computer literacy, including MS Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to use their initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Some flexibility around working hours will be required including evenings and weekends
Qualifications and skills
- Valid DBS Certificate
- Full and valid UK driving licence, to include. Insurance must cover ‘Business’ use.
Sussex Cricket is committed to safeguarding by protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults.
As such, all relevant posts are subject to a process of vetting with the need for up-to-date DBS checks and obtaining two work-related references.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to email a CV and cover letter to our recruitment team, outlining your suitability for this role.
Applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday 30 November 2022
No agencies thank you
and come back later!