The Corporate Sales Team at the Kia Oval is responsible for £20m worth of revenue primarily across sponsorship, hospitality and Conference & Events. The biggest sales team within this group focus on the non-match day events (C & E). We are looking for a coordinator to join the corporate sales team full-time to focus on event organisation for all Club and stakeholder events.
What you’ll do
- be an integral team member helping the team to achieve an annual budget
- responsible for developing new and existing business both proactively and reactively for the Conference and Event Sales Team
- process enquiries & proposals, providing best value options to customers while maximising sales opportunities, within agreed response times to all web based, email and phone enquiries accurately and within brand guidelines
- follow-up on enquiries & proposals within agreed timescales and customer preferred method, arrange customer site inspections where applicable in order to close sale
- provide direct liaison with customer and suppliers ensuring clear communications of each party’s needs and expectations
- ensure co-ordination of events are completed to the expected standard and within given time frames
- maintain excellent product knowledge at all times
- record accurately all customer profiles, enquiries and booking
information making full use of the appropriate systems
- contribute ideas for the Sales and Marketing plan / be aware of competitor activities & industry trends
The successful candidate will have the following experience / skills / qualities:
- GCSE including Maths & English
- At least 1 year’s experience within a hotel, venue or MICE agency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and confident in MS Excel; Word and Outlook
- A level Attainment
- Knowledge of diary management systems
- Ability to multi-task, think fast and to deliver solutions to customer
- Possess diplomacy, discretion and impartiality of judgment
- Self started, drive, ambition
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- A “can-do” attitude
- To be an excellent ambassador for the Kia Oval
How to Apply
To apply please submit your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this role and stating current salary via 'Apply Now'
Closing date for applications is 5pm on the 7th July 2022
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age.
and come back later!