The Corporate Sales Team at the Kia Oval is responsible for £20m worth of revenue primarily across sponsorship, hospitality and Conference & Events. The biggest sales team within this group focus on the non-match day events (C & E). We are looking for a Coordination Lead to join the corporate sales team full-time to focus on event organisation for all Commercial events.
What you’ll do
- Be an integral team member supporting the team with the coordination elements of our corporate bookings
- Monitor and ensure standards are met on the function sheets to improve delivery and service
- Lead on the weekly operations meeting
- Support the internal event coordinator with processes and systems
- Assist with competitor analysis ensuring our packages are competitive and reflective of the market
- Support on marketing activities including updating internal packages/ agency platforms/ Social media outreach & website amendments
- Support the C&E Manager with both internal and external processes to ensure a streamlined approach
- Maximise function space utilisation by leading on appropriate training and implementation of floor plans
- On occasion support on enquiries & proposals, providing best options to customers, within agreed response times to all web based, email and phone enquiries accurately and within brand guidelines
- Provide direct liaison with customer and suppliers ensuring clear communications of each party’s needs and expectations
- Maximise profitability by establishing relationships with suppliers
- Lead on Market segmentation and implement a marketing strategy
- Record accurately all customer profiles, enquiries and booking information making full use of the appropriate systems
- Achieve personal goals and objectives identified in reviews and appraisals
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature to those described above, which may be allocated from time to time.
The successful candidate will have the following experience / skills / qualities:
- GCSE including Maths & English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate and confident in MS Excel; Word and Outlook
- A keen enthusiasm for event organisation
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A level attainment
- Knowledge of diary management systems
- Ability to multi-task, think fast and to deliver solutions to customer requirements
- Possess diplomacy, discretion and impartiality of judgment
- Self-starter, driven, and ambitious
- Ability to work to strict and pressured deadlines
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- A “can-do” attitude
- Be an excellent ambassador for the Kia Oval.
Please click 'Apply Now' to send your curriculum vitae along with a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for this role and stating current salary.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on the 10th October 2022
Surrey County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age.
and come back later!