Salary: Up to 30k basic + OTE
The Surge Padel vision is simple. We are passionate and we are driven to deliver our members the best Padel Tennis experience in the UK in an industry leading facility with a huge sense of community, fun and education.
Surge Padel will never just be “going to play Padel” we will ensure every touchpoint with Surge Paled becomes the best part of every members day. Our Surge Padel team will inspire, motivate, educate & encourage in every way possible to ensure a user rich experience from start to finish.
Proud of our vision, we practice what we preach. We are family at Surge Padel, dedicated & immensely driven, we know how to have fun and we make every moment count for everyone. We love a challenge and we will continue to innovate & evolve.
Oversee and manage the Bristol site operationally and financially while also assisting in building a strong local community and the best possible client experience through exceptional communication and engagement.
The following outlines your role, please note, Surge Padel reserve the right to change these terms and conditions as necessary, with due notice.
The below is an outline of the General Manager role, however your job will not be limited to just what is outlined here.
- Responsible for every member, staff member, every process and every result within your Surge Padel centre
- Delivering a flawless member experience and Interactions
- Oversee coaching schedules and delivery
- Own the interactions within all hubs within our member management platform
- Maintain a list of ‘hero’ members and work to create deeper community bonds with each, also pinpoint key clients to trainers to establish a relationship
- Work closely with marketing to highlight potential member/sale opportunities and trends
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting and assisting potential and existing members, responding to member inquiries, and resolving any complaints in a prompt and customer focused fashion
- Assist members with their class/court/event bookings, across multiple Surge Padel sites if needed
- Organise and assist with any private or special events happening at Surge Padel
- Manage and maintain member databases to ensure we can offer the best customer service based on the most accurate information
- Partner with marketing team on ideation and implementing site specific marketing ideas/strategies for Surge Padel
- Work closely with the marketing team to establish Corporate partners
- Ensure brand standards are adhered to by all Surge Padel employees, self employed trainers and ambassadors
- Drive sales for products, services, memberships and retail in the club
- Manage KPIs for each of the roles within your Surge Padel facility including your own
- Create, implement and drive your clubs local marketing planner in line with national promotions/initiatives
- Exceed expectations, targets and results for every area of the business
- Deliver sales training to all roles within the business
- Keep all members of your team briefed on any new/changing promotional strategies produced locally and or nationally
- Partner with leadership & marketing teams to develop methods, ideas and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business. This includes but is not limited to analysing details of sales, member attendance to assess their growth potential and to set targets
- Retail Management. Work with your team daily to assist with locating merchandise and maximising secondary spend opportunities within your club.
- Oversee the administration and management of your club’s membership platform
- Ensure that your clubs member feedback system is maintained in line with company guidelines
- Manage your gyms accounting needs, including recording daily petty cash flow, preparing bank deposits, banking logs etc.
- Manage your clubs P+L inline with budgeting expectations
- Develop, maintain and implement industry leading leagues, championships and junior programmes through effective timetabling and promotions.
- Manage your clubs staff payroll budget in line with company guidelines
- Resolve member complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and selecting employees in line with company policy
- Ensuring the upkeep of staff record
- Assist with payroll by approving shifts and adding variable payments before any cut off dates
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign employees to specific duties
- Oversee daily operations of the office, including maintenance and operational records, logs are to be kept and managed by you and your team
- Practising & recording weekly fire alarm tests, making sure fire exits are clear & logbook is up to date
- Club walk arounds and communicate any maintenance or construction needs to the Operations Team and help oversee proper and prompt fixing
- Keep staff informed on new promotions, drive sales and opportunity goals inline with the key pillars of the company
- Supervise front desk employees (Bar Staff) engaging in product and retail sales, customer service needs, inventory, and reconciling cash receipts
- Communicate with HR team any relevant staff issues and partner with them to resolve
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems
- Manage all elements of your team’s time and attendance including annual leave
- Deliver, monitor and report against all training for all roles within your facility
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating club staff: Provide guidance and direction to club staff, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among your team. Be a leader through effective communication
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes
- Ensure customer service skills, work standards and desk efficiency are up to company standards.
- Conduct induction/onboarding sessions and schedule on-the-job training for new hires
- Implement policies and procedures by establishing standards of your site; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments Company Culture
- Work to uphold the Surge Padel community and culture standards, and live the company mission, vision, and values daily
- Attend educational workshops & meetings to maintain current knowledge of the brand and your role
- Assist in participating in and enhancing the community with your studio and regional teams.
- 2+ years’ experience in a team leader, supervisory or management role.
- Must have a passion for Padel, Racket Sports and all things health and fitness.
- Full availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Proficient in problem solving and able to work proactively within a team environment to meet established corporate goals and sales objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate team.
- Desire for career growth within the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
• Company events
• Discounted or free food
• Gym membership
• On-site parking
• Store discount
• Wellness programme
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus scheme
• Commission pay
• Performance bonus
• Quarterly bonus
• Yearly bonus
How To Apply:
If you would like to come and work with us, please click 'Apply Now' to email a covering letter and your CV to our recruitment team.
and come back later!