An opportunity has arisen for an experienced, passionate and committed individual to join the Council for a fixed term period of 24 months to help deliver shared ambitions around sport, physical activity and healthy living.
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE and OBJECTIVES
This post will support the implementation of the Sport, Physical Activity and Healthy Living Strategy and the Food Framework. The post will work with the partner lead of the Sport, Physical Activity and Healthy Living Strategy to ensure review and implementation and performance monitoring post pandemic.
The post will also support the associated healthy living priority of building food security. The post will support the integration of the Council's strategic approach to food and drink by bringing together a single implementation work stream for the Food Framework, the Community Growing Strategy and Stirling's Alive with Food and Drink.
The post holder will work with third sector partners to develop and lead the Stirling Food Partnership and ensure the delivery of activity required to gain Sustainable Food Place accreditation for Stirling.
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Sport, physical activity and Healthy Living Strategy
- Work with the Partnership lead to deliver a Strategy performance review and updated delivery plan reflecting the impact of the pandemic
- Provide a single operational point of contact for Active Stirling and McLaren Community Leisure Centre
- Support the Service Manager in the contractual management with Active Stirling and McLaren Community Leisure Centre
- Work with the Service Manager and Council colleagues to review and renew the full contractual arrangements with McLaren Community Leisure Centre
- Work with Partnership lead to ensure the delivery of identified changing lives through sport and physical activity priorities within the Locality Action Plan Programme Resource Plan
- Lead the Council contribution to the partnership activity with Scottish Sports Futures
- Work with economic development colleagues; Active Stirling and other key partners including Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park to rebuild sporting events across the Council area
- Work with Council Services to deliver a single strategic vision, action set and performance framework based on existing separate but linked strategies including the Food Framework and the Community Growing Strategy
- Work with Forth Environment Link to support the renewal of the Stirling Food Partnership
- Develop the necessary evidence to secure Sustainable Food Places accreditation for Stirling
- Represent Stirling Council in the wider Forth Valley Food System discussion and lead action delivery
- Work within the Locality Action Plan process to lead a partnership response to food insecurity
- Contribute to the development of a refreshed Stirling Plan and associated strategies where appropriate
- Support the delivery of performance indicators in the Stirling Plan and work with partners to progress the commitments outlined in the resource plan where appropriate.
- Build effective relationships with organisations and key individuals and encourage collective ownership of the community planning agenda in areas where there are cross cutting themes.
- Support the co-ordination, collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation and dissemination of information pertinent to the Community Planning Partnerships objectives and outcomes.
- Collate information to assist the Service Manager to monitor progress towards outcomes. This would include research, analysis, drafting, preparation and presentation of briefings and reports.
- Maximise opportunities for collaborative activity across related community planning thematic groups.
Any other duties that commensurate with the grade and the post.
Download the full job description and person specification here
and come back later!