We are seeking a Human Resources (HR) Manager to join our team who can advocate and embed our values in their practice. The successful applicant will provide proactive advice, guidance and coaching to influence and support our operations to meet our strategic objectives.
The Human Resources oversee the smooth running of our office in Edgbaston and will provide leadership with all general HR matters including training and development, staff wellbeing, job evaluation, recruitment, payroll, compliance and employment relation matters.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To lead the Human Resources activity within the two companies, to be the first point of contact for all staff queries, providing confidential advice on a broad range of HR issues.
- To take responsibility for the regular development and review of company HR policies, procedures and processes, updating guidelines and communicating with employees when appropriate.
- To update the staff handbook, developing relevant policies and working closely with our apprenticeships team to ensure compliance as a funded training provider.
- To oversee the coordination of the staff appraisal and progress meeting process, communicating with staff and obtaining records as appropriate.
- To manage the recruitment, onboarding and exit processes of staff including advertising, contractual agreements, training, induction and exit procedures.
- To ensure all employment matters are dealt with promptly, appropriately and confidentially ensuring fairness and equity to all, dealing with any grievances, performance management, appeals and disciplinaries.
- To be responsible for maintaining the Staff Central Record system and ensuring accurate records are kept of all employment relation issues.
- To lead the coordination and implementation of a staff development programme, working closely with the internal staff training group.
- To work with our accountants, recording and submitting monthly payroll additions, changes and deletions, key information and timings.
- To provide monthly HR reports and feedback to the Directors and Senior Leadership Team
- To support and advise on legal, employment and Health and Safety compliance, ensuring our operational processes are fit for purpose.
- To line manage the Finance and Business Support Officer and provide training to Managers and other staff on HR practice.
- To nurture a positive working environment to support the health and well-being of staff, both salaried and associates.
- Coordinate and oversee the smooth running of the Edgbaston office, supervision of staff and office rota.
- Greet visitors and oversee the first day induction of new starters.
- Manage supplier contracts, maintain office resources and supplies, including incoming mail and deliveries.
- To undertake appropriate training and development opportunities
- To promote equality, diversity, and social inclusion issues throughout all of Sport Structures work promoting a positive approach to the work environment and partner relationships.
- To personally act as an exemplar on these issues.
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees and the public by complying with the appropriate health and safety policies, organisations and arrangements and the employment of safe working practices and risk assessment and management and to comply with the No Smoking policy.
- To undertake other duties, as appropriate, to achieve the objectives of the post, and to assist the organisation in the fulfilment of its overall objectives, commensurate with the post holder’s salary, grade, abilities, and aptitude.
How to Apply
Please click 'apply now' to begin the application process.
and come back later!