Sport Ireland are hiring a Sports Participation Executive to join their staff team.
The Purpose of the role is to develop and support projects and initiatives offered in the area of Sports Participation, to develop and support strong working relationship with the Local Sports Partnership (LSP) network and to analyse and administer sport participation applications for investment.
Reporting To: Partnerships Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Sports Participation Executive will have the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and support strong working relationship with the Local Sports Partnership (LSP) network and other funded bodies, which are key elements of the sports infrastructure in Ireland.
- Implement the analysis and administration of government investments in sports participation to LSPs and other funded bodies.
- Develop and co-ordinate sports participation projects and initiatives as required, such as Community Sports Hubs, Active Cities and Youth Leadership.
- Assist with the review and evaluation of sports participation projects as required.
- Roll out the Performance Evaluation of Sport Ireland funded bodies. Monitor the implementation of key recommendations arising from the evaluation process.
- Assist with the management of the Unit’s budget, ensuring adherence to established financial controls.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders at both a national and local level.
- Represent Sport Ireland at events and meetings as appropriate (including some out of hours and weekend work).
- Compile periodic reports and presentations on unit activity and sports participation in Ireland as required.
- Develop communications and marketing supports for the LSP network to further promote the work of the LSPs locally and nationally
- Provision of administrative support in the areas of Freedom of Information, Data Protection, Risk Management, Legal Affairs, Internal Audit, Standards in Public Office returns and Insurance and other areas of corporate services or governance as required.
This is not an exhaustive list, and the role will include any duties required by Sport Ireland from time to time which are appropriate for the position and the needs of the organisation.
Essential: Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a relevant third level qualification
- Must have at least 2 years’ prior relevant professional experience.
- Must have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Must have excellent presentation and written communications skills.
- Must have experience in building strong working relationships and communicating with individuals at all levels within the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Must have excellent Project Management, Administration and Organisational skills.
- Must be proficient with operational planning and budgeting.
- Must be highly efficient, results focused and with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must be creative and innovative.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Contract: Full-time, permanent Salary Scale: EO Standard Scale. The appointment will be made on this scale at a point in line with current Government Pay Policy. New entrants to the public sector commence on the first point of scale
Location: Sport Ireland National Sports Campus, Snugborough Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 Sport Ireland is an equal opportunities employee.
How To Apply:
If you would like to apply for this position please click 'Apply Now' to email your CV in confidence to Orange Recruitment by 5pm on Friday, August 19th 2022.
and come back later!