Responsible for ensuring the safety of facility users in the area to which you are assigned responsibility on each shift.
Health & Safety:
- Responsible for the safety of all customers in the area to which you are assigned. This could be with Aquazone, the diving well or competition pool.
- Immediately prevent customers and staff from using any equipment that has become faulty or broken.
- Wear the uniform as provided and follow management instructions relating to safe attire and footwear.
- Report any unsafe conditions or equipment immediately to Duty Manager/Team Leader on shift.
- Be aware of all emergency procedures and assist in controlling emergency situations.
- Follow Normal Operating Procedures within the centre and for each piece of equipment of machinery.
- Complete any incident or accidents report forms immediately
- May be required to assist with regular checks of all rescue equipment
- Be vigilant on rotation zones and alert at all times
- Enforce all facility policies, rules and regulations when on shift
- Responsible for the safe handling, transportation and storage of centre equipment
- Assist in the setting up and dismantling of equipment for different activities and events
- Undertake cleaning tasks where requested in order to maintain to an appropriate standard of cleanliness throughout the building
- You may be required to complete other departmental duties assigned to you as necessary
- Complete additional duties as assigned by Duty Manager or Team Leader
- Demonstrate excellent customer care skills at all times.
- Dealing with customers in a friendly, polite and professional manner.
- Adhere to the Culture and Values of the Sport Ireland Campus
- Participate and successfully complete regular in-house training sessions
- You will be required to actively assist the Lifeguard Duty Manager in the training and mentoring of all new employees
- Must have and maintain a valid and in date pool lifeguard qualification.
- Must maintain a high level of fitness (strength and endurance)
- Must maintain skills, fitness and knowledge to a standard that passes regular Company assessments.
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage
- An industry standard recognised lifeguard qualification certificate is essential
- First Aid Qualification an advantage
- Pool Plant Operator Qualification an advantage
- Adequate level of fitness essential
- Excellent customer care/service
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Remain vigilant and alert at all times
- Ability to immediately respond to any situation or incident that may occur.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please click 'apply now'
and come back later!