As the Commercial Marketing Manager, you’ll be planning and delivering tactical, data-led marketing campaigns that aim to optimise the revenue generated by the Club and ensure that the clubs strategic aims are achieved with a focus on Matchday Hospitality, Non-Match day events and conferences as well as regional business focus. You’ll achieve this by closely collaborating with other departments across the club, our external Catering providers (Gather & Gather), and the Club’s wider Marketing department.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Working alongside the Head of Commercial Marketing and with other departments to create and deliver marketing campaigns. Including, the creation, design, production and activation of online and offline marketing materials across a range of different mediums.
- Delivering within time and budgetary constraints.
- Developing and implementing cross channel campaigns that stretch across owned and paid channels.
- Assisting in the creation and execution of fan engagement that enhances the relationship between the club and its supporters, while increasing brand presence.
- Analysing, reporting and presenting marketing campaign performance to internal stakeholders.
- Working closely with both agencies and in-house creative teams to create and develop best in class, marketing campaigns.
- Representing the principles and values of the “Southampton Way” at all times and ensure these live through all marketing work.
- Managing and being accountable for Marketing budgets, working closely with the Head of Commercial Marketing and with the finance department.
- Being a good communicator and to lead communications with key departments, contractors and suppliers to facilitate a smooth operation of activity.
Is this you?
If you have experience of working within a high-profile marketing department with exposure to, and awareness of, marketing, branding and media relations, you could be the person we’re looking for.
- Experience operating at Marketing Manager level and being accountable for multiple projects.
- Degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to think and perform commercially.
- A successful track record of delivering results against KPI’s and in line with budgets.
- The ability to adapt and respond well to changes in marketing campaigns at short notice.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 25 days’ holiday per year.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
How can I apply?
Just click 'Apply Now', enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3 October.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*
and come back later!