Snowsport England seeks two Non-Executive Director who will join a high-calibre, engaged and passionate Board. They will provide inclusive and inspirational leadership and guidance to the Board of the English National Governing Body for snowsport.
The board are particularly keen to hear from anyone who has specialist knowledge and practical experience in the following areas:
- Safeguarding & Welfare
- Finance & legal
Responsibilities of the Non-Executive Director include:
- Acting in the best interests of the organisation with honesty and good faith
- Contributing to the maintenance and continuous improvement of best practice governance arrangements and strategic risk management
- Helping to ensure compliance with the Sport England Code for Sports Governance, Sporting Future and other applicable standards of best practice
- Constantly upholding and promoting the agreed Snowsport England Vision, Mission, Values and expected standards of ethical conduct and behaviour in fulfilling responsibilities
- Contributing to the development of a clear, coherent, compelling, cost-effective and comprehensive Snowsport England Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer and other Board members and monitoring ongoing delivery of the plan
- Helping to ensure that the Board functions as a cohesive and constructive team, engaging collaboratively and constructively at all times with Snowsport England employees, volunteers, members and other stakeholders
- Ensuring continuous compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements including data protection, safeguarding, health and safety and equality
- Promoting best practice inclusion, equality and diversity across Snowsport England at all times
- Snowsport England is looking to appoint two Non-Executive Directors to support the Board through contributing the knowledge they have gained from senior-level backgrounds in safeguarding & welfare and finance and legal
- These individuals will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the communities who are currently not as engaged in snowsport, as well as a commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion at all levels.
- Prior experience in snowsport or membership sports is not needed, but an interest in and commitment to supporting the future and goals of Snowsport England is essential.
For a full job description, please click here
How to Apply
Applications are sought from suitably qualified and experienced individuals through the submission of a CV, a covering letter which outlines their suitability for the role, and why they wish to be considered, along with the completed SE Equality Monitoring Form.
Please send these to Claire by clicking 'apply now'
and come back later!