A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Player Liaison Officer to join our team supporting our First Team and Academy Players. We are looking for an experienced professional who will provide all-round care and support to existing and newly recruited players and staff members. They will be a trusted confidant and the first point of contact for personal queries and support. This person will have great relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Design, develop and implement a player induction pack for newly recruited first team staff and players.
- Be the primary point of contact for all new professional player and first team staff arrivals.
- Arrange house viewings, handle lettings and agreements, house removals, and the completion of relevant paperwork to ensure a smooth transition into accommodation for first team players and staff.
- Assist the media, marketing, and commercial department with all player appearance requests, making sure the players understand what is required of them, where they need to be, and what they need to bring with them.
- Open bank accounts and arrange insurance (health, vehicle, home, etc) for first team players and staff.
- To hold a good understanding of Right to Work status to enable them to support new player recruits with areas such as visa’s, settled and pre-settled status where applicable, national insurance application and registration, etc.
- Coordinate player merchandise signing sessions where required.
- Support first team players and staff in sourcing vehicles, helping to arrange meetings and collections.
- Help with arranging language lessons for new staff and players, where required. Look to develop a programme for new arrivals who are looking to augment their understanding of the English language, including the need to source translators where necessary.
- Liaise with the Football Secretarial and HR department to assist with HR requirements, checking eligibility to work and live in the country. Help both departments in obtaining visas as and when required.
- Work with the Academy Head of Education to assist in sourcing schools for the children of first team players and staff.
- Liaise with player agents regarding player requirements before and after player trials and/or signing of contracts.
- Work with the Academy Admin and Operation department to assist in the transition for Academy players into the first team environment.
- Deal with ticket requests for players for both home and away matches and be the point of call on a home matchday for the friends and family of the players and staff.
- Develop a network of contacts who can be on hand 24/7 if needed such as: estate agents, car suppliers, food providers, entertainment, travel companies.
- Help ensure the smooth transition into local life for the family of first team players and staff. Look to build relationships with local organisations and establishments to aid with this.
- A good understanding of different faiths and religions can support with sourcing where the player and or family can practice their faith (if applicable).
- Have the players welfare at the heart of everything we do, be a trusted confident and be aware of support services/people who can give further support with a variety of topics.
- Ability to speak multiple languages would be desirable
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Excellent knowledge of local and surrounding area
- Holds a full clean driving licence
- Excellent organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent networker and communicator
- Maintains absolute confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to return a completed application form to our team.
and come back later!