Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Scottish Volleyball is seeking to recruit an experienced Workforce and Welfare Officer to effectively manage the recruitment and retention of volunteers as well as provide expert support, advice and assistance to coaching staff, our commissions, members and affiliated clubs regarding all measures relating to Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) and Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport (CWPS). This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual who enjoys working within a
sporting environment and as part of an enthusiastic and professional team.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• You will have proven knowledge, experience of Safeguarding, and possess a relevant welfare qualification.
• You will be an adaptable team player; able to work as part of a team and work collaboratively within the staff, volunteer teams, and across the Scottish Volleyball community, providing direction and guidance to others in the team when needed and respond effectively to shifting priorities.
• You will have strong planning and organisational skills; able to manage a busy workload effectively to meet set deadlines.
• You will have strong written and oral communication skills; able to draft accurately and concisely with an eye for detail and presentation.
• You will need to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, ability and confidence to communicate with people at all levels, including senior management, affiliated clubs, members and volunteers.
• Possess the ability to engage with stakeholders and effect positive change.
• You will have good working knowledge of using computer packages such as MS Office, Word, and Excel.
• Strong perceptive and empathetic people management skills
• Ability to develop, recruit and retain volunteers and staff.
As an organisation we are committed to the development of our sport and the provision of a high-quality service to our Board, staff, clubs, officials, coaches, volunteers and members. The successful candidate will share our passion and vision for the delivery of transparent, robust and positive governance in all areas of Scottish Volleyball.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, we require an up-to-date CV, two named references with contact details (we will not use these unless you are successful) and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for this position and what you would offer to this role if you were successfully. Submit the following via 'Apply Now'.
Applications close on 13th February 2023