The aim of a Lead Coach is to provide quality coaching, at the JEP squad sessions, to the top young developing players across Scotland. This includes planning, delivering/coordinating the delivery and reviewing of the sessions. All sessions should follow and demonstrate the coaching principles and player development philosophy as set by the SSL Performance Team.
The role of a Lead Coach is not merely to coach squash sessions but to inspire coaches and players, support the growth of the game nationally and give the players the best possible experience.
- Organise JEP squad sessions with support from the Senior Performance Coach.
- Plan and deliver JEP squash sessions.
- Provide individual feedback to each player, parent & personal coach following each squad
- Provide individual in depth WITTW feedback to each player twice a season.
- Be the point of contact with parents and key stakeholders where needed.
- Work in partnership with personal, club and regional coaches to develop the players.
- Follow coaching principles and philosophy of SSL Performance Team.
- Build an environment to encourage holistic Long Term Player Development of young players in Scotland.
- Ensuring adherence to and compliance with all SSL’s policies and procedures and
- participating in training where required.
- Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of people.
- Ability to engage with all athlete stakeholders and maintain good working relationships
- Possess good administration and organisational skills to carry out the administration tasks of the role, including: organising programmes/sessions, communicating with players/parents,
- writing progress reports, and monitoring attendance levels.
- High level technical and tactical knowledge of international level squash.
- Suitably qualified Squash Qualification of Level 2 or above.
For full details – including the role description, person specification please download the Role Description & Person Specification via the link below.
How To Apply:
To apply, please download and complete the Application Form (HR16-F01 Job-Role Application Form.
Once you've completed the form, please click 'Apply Now' to email the form to our recruitment team.
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 2nd October 2022
Proposed interview date(s): 10th and 11th October 2022
For an informal discussion, please contact Kylie Lindsay (Senior Performance Coach) on +44(0)
and come back later!