To provide and be responsible for all aspects of physiotherapy to identified Glasgow and the West Academy squad players. To support and work with any other Glasgow and the West Academy staff to provide high performance environment to ensure all Academy players can deliver their potential. To provide services as required to the Performance teams of Scottish Rugby when selected, particularly regional academy matches.
- Provide physiotherapy services, including diagnosis, assessment, treatment and management of all injuries sustained by identified Academy player
- Provide individualised programmes to all athletes to improve resilience and robustness.
- Manage the contractor network to provide appropriate provision of service across region as required.
- Manage the medical stock for Glasgow and the West Academy, within the budget parameters.
- Ensure the correct medical stock is gathered and transported for the Glasgow and the West Academy squad and Regional Matches.
- Create and store appropriate physiotherapy medical records in line with Scottish Rugby and. professional governing body standards.
Essential Desirable Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of musculoskeletal treatment, and implementing anddelivering rehabilitation programmes to sportspeople
- Track record of educating players,coaches and other relevant groups
- Experience of working in sport, with high performance athletes and coaches
- IT skills and experience
- Experience of musculoskeletal injuries/issues related to exercising children/adolescents
Qualifications & Attainments
- 4 years of practising as a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Must be able to achieve and maintain a current pitch-side first aid certificate issued by recognised body (assisted by Scottish Rugby to do so if not pre-existing)
- Membership of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Post Graduate qualification in either; sport and exercise, sport physiotherapy, sport rehabilitation
Competencies & Behaviours
- Effective Communication
- Facilitating Change
- Planning and Organising
- Team working
- Personal Accountability
- Leading Others
- Demonstrates continuing professional development
- Willing & able to work un-sociable hours including weekend & evening working
- Satisfactory Disclosure Scotland / PVG check
- Ability to travel abroad to games or tournaments
- Maintaining own Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Driving License
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to submit your CV and a covering letter which details the skills and experience you would bring.
and come back later!