To support member clubs in their ongoing development and day-to-day operations specifically in the areas of club management and member engagement and support the development and formation of new clubs
Key areas of responsibility:
- To support all clubs with club management and take ownership for providing solutions to make running a gymnastics club as efficient and easy as possible.
- Support member clubs on their development journey.
- Support and strengthen clubs in their own facilities
- Support clubs to improve engagement with their members.
- Help to ensure clubs are effectively operating day to day to the best of their abilities.
- Develop relationships with a wide range of clubs.
- Educate our member clubs on the benefits of improving their club management structure.
- Design and deliver an education programme for member clubs in relation to managing and running a sports club / business / charity.
- To understand the relevant governance framework, they must follow.
- On the role that gymnastics clubs play in changing lives and the true value of clubs and their benefit to their members and the wider community.
- On ways to improve their member engagement with current and potential members
Develop clubs and club resources
- Develop a suite of resources / templates to make life as easy as possible for those running our member clubs
- Provide clubs with a framework on models of best practice for running a club and support clubs through the framework.
Support clubs to improve their day-to-day operations
- Provide hands on support to member clubs to ensure they are as efficient as they can be in their day to day running.
- Support member clubs to have in place an appropriate management structure – both at a committee level and staffing / volunteer structure
- Support member clubs to ensure they have the appropriate policies and procedures in place including Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI).
- Support clubs to form key partnerships to aid their development
- Support our member clubs on their journey.
New club formation
- Support new clubs in their formation
- Provide a start to finish programme of support
- Implement and deliver a post formation programme of support
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with:
- Scottish Gymnastics member clubs, wider partners, and stakeholders
- Scottish Gymnastics head of development
- Scottish Gymnastics staff teams including development, participation, performance, safeguarding and education
- Key stakeholders: discipline technical committees, funding and commercial partners, members, and community organisations.
- British Gymnastics and sportscotland
- Develop and maintain strong effective partnerships and relationships
- Represent Scottish Gymnastics at relevant Scottish, UK and regional events
- Attend Scottish Gymnastics meetings as appropriate
Monitoring and Evaluating
- Provide regular monitoring and trend reports for senior leadership team, the board, and any other relevant body.
- Work with colleagues in Scottish Gymnastics and sportscotland to establish a robust system for capturing and reporting data required for external agencies.
- Ensure all work / projects have a monitoring and evaluation framework built into them.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to send a letter of application (max. 2 sides of A4) outlining your experience, along with a copy of your CV to Scottish Gymnastics.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!