Main Purpose Of Job
Scottish Golf is the national governing body for amateur golf in Scotland. Our every day mission is to make golf Scotland’s game for everyone, and inspire the nation to love golf.
Position In Organisation
The Marketing and Communications Officer will play a key role in developing, planning and implementing a marketing strategy that will tell Scottish Golf’s story and engage with our audiences. The post holder will report directly into the Head of Marketing and Communications (HoMC). The role will also require management of our relationship with sponsors, government agencies, marketing agencies, golf clubs, Areas & Counties and other golf industry bodies.
You have outstanding people skills and you’re a collaborator
- You will build and maintain relationships with Scottish Golf membership, partners, stakeholders, committees, volunteers, coaches, and performance players
- You’ll work collaboratively with external suppliers including agencies, photographers, videographers, printers and designers
- You’ll work in collaboration with the HoMC and DCC, survey the membership, stakeholders and gather insights on a range of topics
- You’ll collaborate across all departments to ensure communications are timely and engaging
You understand the importance of great marketing and communications
- You will develop and implement marketing, brand and campaign strategies
- You will provide support and guidance across a full range of marketing functions, including: marcomms, design and brand, social media, digital estate, app, events
- You will promote Scottish Golf’s core activity through timely and effective marketing and communications
- You will produce media releases for Scottish Golf campaigns, events and to support the core activity
- You’ll act as guardian of the Scottish Golf brand, and develop local, national and global awareness-raising
You’re naturally creative
- You will craft and send regular newsletters to golf clubs, golfers and other audiences
- You will seek out engaging content and craft compelling stories and grow the audience for the Scottish Golf monthly newsletter and promote the brand
- You’ll monitor and produce copy for the Scottish Golf website and social media pages
- You will support the Digital Content Creator (DCC) in managing the social media accounts
You like getting things done
- You’ll process invoice requests in a timely manner
- You’ll be comfortable sourcing costs and quotes from external suppliers
You Can Show Good Judgement
- You can report on campaigns, and use results to influence future strategy and tactics
- You can commit to keeping up to date with latest marketing insights / best practice and adopt them where relevant
You’ll always try and find a solution
- You will activate brand partnerships and support creation of new sponsorship packages
General Duties And Responsibilities
- To comply with all legislative requirements and company policies including but not limited to Health & Safety, Child Protection, Equality and confidentiality.
This list of specific and general duties and responsibilities is non-exhaustive and subject to review and change.
Who We Are Looking For
We look for candidates with proven experience who enjoy a team-based atmosphere. We’re seeking people who care passionately about and understand why sport is important and have a strong interest in inclusion. People who get stuck in, solve problems creatively and want to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts will do well with us.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing and / or communications
- Solid experience in evaluating the impact of campaigns and marketing activity
- Experience in Google Analytics / GA4 and a strong analytical approach
- Excellent copywriting for different audiences, media and channels (including media releases, social, and corporate communications)
- App and acquisition-marketing experience
- Good creative judgement and experience of digital design e.g. Adobe Creative Suite
- Proofreading skills, with sharp attention to detail
- Experience with ESPs and CMS (including Mailchimp, WordPress)
- Experience of social media management tools, including reporting modules
- Knowledge of or experience of membership organisations and their structures
- Knowledge of or interest in EDI, ESG and CSR practices
- Passion or knowledge of golf (desirable)
If you’re not sure about the above, but you still want to apply because you think this job is for you, we’d encourage you to do so – not meeting all the above criteria isn’t necessarily a barrier.
The Need to Know
As the post involves an element of travel, it would beneficial (but not essential) if applicants held a full current driving licence.
- A salary reflecting the post holder’s experience and position within the organisation will be offered. In addition, the post offers a company pension scheme and other benefits.
- The role will require an element of travel with infrequent evening and weekend work, mostly in the summer months.
How to Apply
To apply, please click 'Apply Now' to send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment team by Monday 26 September at 12pm.
Your covering letter should outline what personal attributes and professional skills you will bring to this role.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English, and we ask you to avoid adding your picture and personal details (such as date of birth or civil status) to your application.
and come back later!