The Scottish FA is seeking to appoint a Child Wellbeing and Protection Officer to work within the Wellbeing and Protection team. The ideal person for this role will have a professional background in child protection.
They will be an excellent communicator who is able to build effective relationships with people across Scottish football to support the implementation of policy, procedures and guidance so that we can achieve our vision that children flourish because we put their safety, rights, wellbeing and enjoyment at the heart of every level of Scottish Football.
Purpose of the Job
To develop, implement, support and monitor child wellbeing and protection practice across Scottish football with the aim of promoting a fun, safe and inclusive environment for children and young people within football.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with colleagues within the wellbeing and protection team to facilitate a programme of improvement across the Scottish FA and its members to ensure that the children’s wellbeing in Scottish football policy framework is implemented across Scottish football
- Build effective relationships within the Scottish FA and across its membership to support the implementation of the policy framework
- Review and update the policy framework within the agreed review timescales or as and when necessary
- Develop guidance for Scottish FA members on child wellbeing and protection practice
- Work in partnership with colleagues to audit compliance with minimum standards for wellbeing and protection across the Scottish FA’s members
- Where relevant, manage concerns about the wellbeing of a child or the conduct of an adult in line with the policy framework, including supporting children and young people and signposting to external services as necessary
- Support internal staff and Scottish FA members with advice and best practice in relation to children’s rights, wellbeing and protection when working across Scottish football
- Contribute towards the implementation of recommendations from the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish football by leading projects about specific recommendations
- Line management of Participation and Engagement Officer
- Any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time by the Head of Wellbeing and Protection
Full job description and person specification is available to download here - Job description
How To Apply:
If you wish to apply please click 'Apply Now' to email your completed Application Form (Download application form) and completed Equal Opportunities form (Equal Opportunities form) to our recruitment team no later than 5pm Friday 30 September 2022.
Please state the Reference no. HR/214 in the subject field of your application email.
If you have not been asked for interview by 7th October 2022, please assume that your application will not be taken any further.
Please be aware that CVs will not be accepted
Recruitment Privacy Notice
Click here for more information on Working at the Scottish FA
and come back later!