- Support & influence Scottish and GB Governing Bodies of sport to develop inclusive performance pathways.
- Lead and manage the strategic development of the Scottish Boccia performance pathway.
- Lead & support the identification, development and transfer of talented athletes and players onto performance pathways.
- Maintain and develop effective working partnerships with key agencies within performance sport.
- Contribute to the wider goal of ensuring that participants with disabilities benefit physically, socially and psychologically through physical activity and sport.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Scottish Disability Sport (SDS) Chief Executive Officer and Management Board. The post holder will be required to:
- Support targeted SGBs to increase their capacity to take ownership and responsibility for an inclusive performance pathway
- Manage and develop the boccia performance pathway to prepare players for transition to the Boccia UK World Class Programme.
- Line manage the Boccia Development Officer and Performance Boccia Coaches.
- Work in partnership with National Governing Bodies (Scotland and Great Britain) and the sportscotland Institute of sport to influence a strategic approach to inclusive performance programme.
- Manage the co-ordination, administration and monitoring of the SDS Athlete Academy.
- Lead, manage, support and advise athletes, players and key partners in all matters relating to classification.
- Lead the SDS compliance with the UKAD Assurance Framework and all other clean sport matters.
- Support SGBs to fully include athlete’s para-athletes within their performance programmes and pathways.
- Work with Scottish Governing Bodies to support Scottish athlete representation at appropriate national and international competition and development opportunities.
- Work with the SDS Regional Manager Network and key SGB personnel to support the identification and development of talented athletes and their transition onto national programmes.
- Ensure that the needs of quality Performance Coaches are identified and met.
- Ensure robust working partnerships are maintained with Boccia UK, the British Paralympic Association, Commonwealth Games Scotland and other UK and international performance sport partners.
- Ensure the effective communication of all elements of the performance sporting pathway and recognition of sporting success.
- Ensure that all aspects of work are progressed in line with the SDS equality and Safeguarding policies.
- Report progress against the SDS Annual Operational Plan and Boccia Performance Plan to the SDS Management Board and associated subgroups.
- Report as necessary to SDS funding partners.
- Act as the SDS lead for identified sports.
- Lead and support identified whole sport working groups.
- Management of allocated budgets in line with policies and procedures.
- Other duties related to the post of Performance Development Manager as may be delegated.
- Contribute as appropriate to events, seminars, conferences and meetings as required
Click the 'Apply Now' button to complete the online application process.
For a full job description, candidate specification and application form, see below:
and come back later!