At Sale Sharks we stand for Togetherness, Fearlessness, Passion, Pride and Humility throughout all aspects of the club. We are looking a creative and innovative coaches who share these values and want to help the next generation of Young Players Cut Their Teeth?
If this is you, then the North West DPP are looking for expressions of interest from the region’s coaches to help implement our regional coaching programme strategy for 2022/23.
The North West Developing Player Programme (DPP) run’s twice monthly sessions, from September 2022 to April 2023 and is for players aged 13-16 years. The DPP is run across seven centres regionally in Cheshire, Lancashire and the Isle of Man and as a volunteer within the pathway you will be responsible for:
- Delivering coaching sessions and festivals for The North West DPP players in line with the agreed calendar
- Developing the players involved in line with the programme objectives
- Conducting assessment days to benchmark young players and invite those with potential to attend the DPP
- Continued benchmarking and providing individualised feedback to players to support their on-going development
- Committing to on-going formal & informal personal development and training
Skills & Education
- Will have achieved, as a minimum, England Rugby Coaching Award (ERCA) or the previous UKCC Level 2 award
- Must be registered under the RFU Coach License Scheme
- A valid First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- Able to demonstrate significant commitment to their personal and professional development
- Understands Player Centred Coaching and can adapt coaching style to meet the learning style of the players
- Can communicate effectively with players, parents and coaches to assist players with self-reflection and setting of appropriate development goals
Qualities & Attributes
- Promote the Academy coaching & playing philosophies
- Adapts quickly and with enthusiasm to changes, and adapts work effort appropriately
- Can show evidence of a creative and innovative approach to coaching
- Understands the current playing pathway at Under 14 to Under 16 and the key stakeholders involved therein
- Is committed to working as part of a team and to working towards the objectives of DPP
- Have professional perspectives on player care and ethical practice
- A schedule of Sale Sharks CPD events (including with Senior Sharks Coaches)
- Access to observe Junior and Senior Academy training sessions
- Access to an online North West DPP coaches platform
- DPP coaching kit
- Sale Sharks season ticket (claimed on a match by match basis)
- Opportunities to progress through the Academy coaching pathway
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to send your coaching CV and cover letter to Academy Coach Development Officer Jack Leech by Midday on the 30th of June 2022.
In your cover letter please describe how you have demonstrated the core values of Sale Sharks; Togetherness, Fearlessness, Passion, Pride and Humility.
and come back later!