As the Marketing Communications Coordinator you will be critical in executing and delivering internal and external communication strategies to support player recruitment, build brand recognition in the saturated Victorian Community sports market and ensuring integrity in all correspondences related to Victorian Rugby.
Reporting to the GM of Marketing, you will work closely with all Rugby Victoria Department Heads, the Melbourne Rebels as well as other key stakeholders to develop communication campaigns that deliver effective messaging all areas of the game including game development, rugby services, elite pathways and coach education.
The successful applicant will possess excellent copy writing skills and will demonstrate the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
As the Marketing Communications Coordinator, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Writing, editing and distributing content, including media releases, news items/editorials and EDM newsletters.
- Formulating and presenting the Marketing and Communications strategy for 2023 and beyond.
- Posting and managing responses to digital content shared to social media channels.
- Experience with digital scheduling and reporting tools.
- A passion for creative content development and basic graphic design capabilities (Adobe Suite is preferred).
- Briefing in designers to help create all visual elements of marketing communications.
- Assist in designing corporate documents including the Annual Report and sponsorship decks.
- Working with others to uphold all brand guidelines to maintain consistency across collateral including sponsors and partners, government departments, affiliate Clubs and groups and other external relationships.
- Assisting at Rugby Victoria community events in a photography and videography capacity.
Who are you?
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing communications, sports marketing, digital media or other relevant disciplines.
- 1-2 years minimum experience in a communications role within a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Proven experience using eDM software (Mailchimp) and designing templates and structures for automated communications.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with proven competencies in copywriting and an eye for detail when proof reading.
- A sound understanding of marketing principles and best practice.
- Able to observe and act on current digital media and sporting landscape trends.
- Graphic Design skills with experience using the Adobe Suite or Canva.
- Proven Photography and Videography skills.
- Confidence to interview others (on camera and for print media/digital).
- Experience in rugby union or community sport would be advantageous but not essential.
- Communications and marketing experience, preferably in the sport industry or other related background.
- Understand stakeholders’ perceptions and concerns – how to identify concerns and address them effectively.
- Understanding of the sport industry including terminology, broad issues and key stakeholders (desirable).
- General knowledge of Victorian Rugby and the Melbourne Rebels (desirable).
- A preparedness to work unorthodox hours (i.e. Regular after hours & weekend activities).
- Able to create harmonious working relationships with a wide variety of people both internally and externally to the organisation.
- Highly organised with the ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible.
- Possess the willingness to commit to the inclusion of all members of our culturally diverse community in the sport of Rugby Union whilst being diplomatic in terms of managing multiple stakeholders’ needs.
- Proactively suggesting ideas for innovative and relevant marketing materials.
- A high level of energy and a flexible, proactive approach.
- Time management - able to manage conflicting deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Can exercise sound judgment in determining appropriate and well-thought through responses to planned and unplanned events.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
- HSC/VCE equivalent
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
Click here for the full Job Description.
and come back later!