Rugby Canada is the national sport organization for rugby union committed to delivering life- long, inclusive rugby experiences that cultivate participation and inspire excellence from community to club to country. Our organizational values include integrity, passion, solidarity, discipline and respect. Canada International Sevens GP Ltd, a division of Rugby Canada, is responsible for the planning and execution of the HSBC Canada Sevens and HSBC Canada Women’s Sevens events.
Based in the City of Langford, the Assistant Rugby Coach NSM7s will be the primary technical support to the Head Coach NSM7s in the planning, coordination and delivery of the high-performance programming. The assistant coach will have sound leadership and have good expertise and abilities to coach attack, defense, set-piece and core technical skill development that contributes to achieving goals set for the team.
Including but not limited to:
- Technical lead of core skill development for NSM7s Players.
- Assist the Head Coach in planning and preparation of sessions.
- Assist in developing and implementing the game plan and team tactics.
- Assist, develop and improve the team in Attack, Defence and Set Piece.
- Assist in identifying team Strengths and Weaknesses through analytical systems.
- Assist the Head Coach with team selection as requested.
- Assist when required with the delivery of rugby skill and development sessions with Rugby Canada’s Men’s Academy.
- Support regional representative programs as requested by the Head Coach NSM7s and the Director, Men’s Rugby.
- Support national age grade programming, coaches and scouts as directed by the NSM7s Head Coach and the Director, Men’s Rugby.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Hold current NCCP and or World Rugby accredited coaching levels.
- You will have worked as the Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Technical Advisor or Specialist Coach of a Provincial, Regional or National Team (or overseas equivalent competition or team), ideally with at least 3 years.
- Has his/her own philosophy which reflects RC’s vision and values and models appropriate values/behaviour’s.
- Creates a positive environment and culture, contributes to team culture through living and exemplifying RC’s values.
- Uses varied communication and learning and skill acquisition approaches that cater for a range of learning styles and are appropriate to the targeted group and suit the age and stage of development of the athletes.
- Understands that their key role is to help the player further develop their skills
- Is supportive and understands the needs of their players
- Sessions are planned, organized, varied and are enjoyable
- Forms strong working relationships with players and provides feedback / feed forward to player reviews on a day to day, weekly and monthly basis.
- The physical and personal environment is safe. (Emergency procedures and first aid knowledge are up to standard)
Personal Qualities and Experience
Experience / Knowledge
- You will have worked as the Coach, Assistant Coach, Technical Advisor or Specialist Coach of a Provincial, Regional or Senior National Team level (or overseas equivalent competition or Team), ideally with at least 3 years’ coaching experience.
- Coaches with significant club and representative playing experience will also be considered.
- Proficient using Microsoft Packages and Sports-code
- Ability to plan and organize tasks to maximize efficiencies
- Ability to manage competing demands and re-prioritize work accordingly
Apply via email to [email protected] Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
and come back later!