To be the primary product champion of RYA Publications pushing key product information for new books and editions out through relevant channels. The main areas of the role will be on maintaining online shops, some e-commerce activity, promotion, and licensing with event support when required.
- The Publications team maintains a list of approximately 110 retail book titles (most of which are also digital) and produces up to 10 new titles or new editions each year.
- It also has a number of restricted training materials such as 36 training packs and 80 completion certificates. These range from simple paper course completion certificates to more complicated course packs with multiple components. There is also a growing mix of dual language certificate variants.
- Certain other publishers’ items that support RYA courses and members’ interests are also stocked.
- Items are sold direct, online through two web shops (retail and trade), at shows, conferences, events, and through the UK and international marine and general book trade.
- RYA Publications also licenses some of its content overseas and has 70 active licences in 19 countries.
- RYA eBooks are sold through the webshop and as in-app purchases through dedicated reader apps in the various App Stores. They also have a growing range of Apple Books, Google Play Books and audiobooks.
- RYA apps have approximately 100,000 users across 100 countries.
- The Royal Yachting Association (RYA) is a membership organisation with over 100,000 members and is the national body for all forms of boating, including dinghy and yacht racing, motor and sail cruising, RIBs and sports boats, powerboat racing, windsurfing, canal and river boat cruising, and personal watercraft.
- The RYA has a global training scheme which is delivered through RYA Recognised Training Centres (RTCs) in 58 countries.
- RYA Publications publish content which supports and complements RYA Training courses and other RYA Member interests and is one of the key self-generating income streams for the RYA.
- The eBooks in the reader apps are also used to help RYA Training Centres offer ePacks as a digital option for some training material.
- The Publishing & Product Coordinator liaises with all relevant RYA departments and a wide range of partners, external suppliers, contractors and distributors on the production, promotion and sale of RYA publications (print and digital) and licensed content.
- Maintain the retail web shop, the trade shop and the Publications area of the RYA website, including uploading new products, updating product information and managing delivery dates in line with stock control
- Management of product information, imagery and price where we have direct online and social media presence for direct sales and as part of digital marketing campaigns
- Some basic product performance and competitor analysis working with the Web and Insights teams where appropriate
- Set up records on the RYA’s database for any new suppliers and customers
- Approve trade account applications and assign trade discounts to agreed parameters for new customers
- Reconcile eBook and audiobook monthly reports from 3rd party distributors
- Act as the primary contact for the voucher scheme
Promotion & Events
- Development of promotional material – write product descriptions and gather relevant product information for promotional activity through other channels.
- Liaise with other departments to promote publications acting as a key link to the Communications and Digital Marketing teams for promotional, email and eCommerce activity
- Set up and organise promotional codes and campaigns
- Organising stock for events, updating products on the till as well as creating and ordering supporting materials
Licensing & Royalties
- Monitor the team inbox and field any incoming calls to distribute accordingly
- Assist with basic eBook customer and trade account support as required as part of the team’s back-up
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to sending in the application form and equality monitoring form to Royal Yachting Association.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!