Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, lead and promote the system of recognised training centres in order to develop the standards and facilities available to the public in line with developments in the sport and in coaching.
- Set the standard for RYA Recognised Training Centres. To ensure that the standards of safety, instruction and condition of equipment at all RYA
- Organise and deliver a training and revalidation programme to meet the needs of the scheme and requirements for regional and overseas personnel, including ongoing CPD.
- Manage a large team of experienced Instructor Trainers.
- Set the standard for Instructor qualifications. Select, appoint, train, manage and motivate the Trainers to ensure a high standard of instructor training.
- Organise conferences to disseminate information and promote development within the schemes.
- Answer general queries from the public about the schemes for which the post holds responsibility.
- Resolve complaints and where appropriate take action against schools or instructors to maintain RYA standards
- Liaise with education awarding bodies and DfE to ensure the ongoing inclusion of RYA activities in GCSE/A-Level PE.
The key skills needed for the role, include but are not limited to:
- Broad knowledge across RYA practical and theory Training
- Understanding of the ethos behind RYA Training
- Good level of training and educational techniques and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective speaking to large groups or individuals.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to manage a small team.
- Management of people and projects.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Previous experience in coaching, instructing or teaching is essential.
For full job description please click here
How to apply
Please return a completed application form and equality monitoring form and return to our team via 'apply now'
and come back later!