Red Bull Powertrains have several exciting opportunities to be a key part of our expanding Power Unit engineering team. Our open, dynamic environment ensures that everyone can make a valuable contribution and we are looking for creative PU Data Analyst to deliver World Championship winning Power Units year on year.
Working from our Milton Keynes factory and Trackside you will be integrated within Red Bull Powertrains. As a Formula One Power Unit Data Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing and interpreting power unit data to optimise performance and reliability in Formula One racing with the overall goal of winning Formula One World Championships.
You will work closely with the engineering teams to extract insights from data collected during testing, practice sessions, and race events. Your role will involve developing and implementing data analysis techniques to enhance the power unit's performance and contribute to the team's overall success.
Key accountabilities of this PU Data Analyst role:
- Analyse power unit performance data to identify trends, anomalies, and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to define key performance indicators (KPIs) and establish benchmarks for power unit performance.
- Develop and implement data analysis methodologies, algorithms, and models to extract actionable insights from large datasets.
- Define the operational performance boundary of the Power Unit gained from testing and develop methodologies to ensure race events are operating within this.
- Work closely with the trackside engineers to provide data-driven recommendations for power unit adjustments and tuning.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to develop tools and dashboards for real-time data analysis and visualisation.
Essential competencies of this PU Data Analyst role:
- A degree with a 2:1 minimum in relevant STEM subject or related field
- Strong background in data analysis, statistical modelling, and machine learning.
- Experience working with large datasets and utilizing data analysis tools such as Python, MATLAB, or similar.
- Familiarity with power unit systems, engine performance metrics, and Formula One racing rules and regulations.
- Proficient in data visualization techniques and tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to derive actionable insights from complex data.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced racing environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Not only is this a fantastic Trackside PU Engineer - Performance role, it is also a fantastic team to work in. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!