Red Bull Powertrains have an exciting opportunity to be a key part of our expanding Power Unit engineering team. Our open and dynamic working environment ensures that everyone is empowered and encouraged to make a valuable contribution and we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for the Energy Storage System (ESS) engineering team to deliver World Championship winning cars year on year.
Working from our brand new, purpose built, Milton Keynes factory you will work within the Concept and Hybrid Mechanical Department of Red Bull Powertrains. You will be a key part of the team responsible for the design and development of the new ESS, finding PU performance whilst maximising chassis performance and design freedoms.
In a rapidly changing regulatory environment, you will be required to apply physics from first principles and knowledge of cutting-edge technology to create high-performance PU hardware. You will capture thermal, mechanical and electrical implications in your designs to deliver optimum solutions to our hybrid F1 cars.
To be successful in this Mechanical Design Engineer (ESS) position you will need:
- A Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in the mechanical design of high-power electrical systems used in F1 hybrid power unit design is advantageous but high-performance racing power unit experience is a pre-requisite.
- Mechanical Engineering competence in both technical and practical applications.
- CAD capability in one of the major packages.
- Technical drawing with GD&T of complex machined parts.
- History of successful fault investigation, containment and rectification.
- Practical knowledge of stress analysis of static and dynamic components.
- Practical experience of system and component durability prove out.
- Track record of design for manufacture and design for assembly.
- Experience of clean sheet design from concept to track and a passion for creative innovation.
Desirable Competencies for this Mechanical Design Engineer (ESS) position:
- Experience in F1 hybrid power unit design.
- A good understanding of ERS design and its contribution to on track performance.
- Exceptional candidates with experience of high-power electrical systems in high-performance automotive or industrial R&D projects will also be considered.
Characteristics for this Mechanical Design Engineer (ESS) role:
- Ability to work in a technically challenging environment.
- Time management skills, ability to prioritise in time-pressured environment and focus on delivery within very tight-deadlines.
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to apply innovative approach to solution-finding as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with others (the team, other departments, external clients, colleagues).
- Initiative, innovation and engineering enthusiasm.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn new skills
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!