For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We are looking for an aspiring individual to join our expanding Finance department as an Assistant Finance Business Partner within our successful Formula 1 team. This role will report into the Finance Business Partner responsible for the financial planning & Control of all Indirect departments (Support Services related OPEX) across the Red Bull Technology Campus.
With the sport being financially regulated since 2021, the need to be competitive has never been greater. Successful applicants will support the decision-making process using financial analysis and ensuring compliance with the FIA Financial Regulations.
- Support in the timely preparation & distribution of financial information (plan & actual) to every Budget Holder by sending out report
- Forecasting is to be performed to a high level of accuracy with what is known at a point in time
- Measures and reviews the cost/benefit ratio of proposed activities & assess the value for money of such activities
- Builds a solid relationship with Budget Holders based on mutual respect and trust
- Preparation in calculating Overhead Recharges between the Legal Entities in the local group structure during both Month End and forecasting cycles
- Preparation of other ad-hoc management information
Reporting & Analysis
- Prepares and distributes detailed monthly Management Accounts
- Communicating financial reports to Department Managers
- Creation of accurate and quality bespoke Management Information to share with Budget Holders & senior management
Month End Closing
- Reviewing Costs and Revenues. Analysing trends and understanding content
- Updates and performs indirect profit centre allocations in accordance with FIA Financial Regulations
- Highlighting any master data changes to mirror organisational responsibilities
Planning & Forecasting
- Support in the reforecasting of budgets in line with budget owner expectations, HQ deadlines & FIA regulation changes.
- Communicates timings and input needed during the budget process
- Contributes and performs an integral role in the business planning process supporting Department Managers
- Support in the preparation of & loading of business plan and rolling forecasts across HQ planning systems
- Responsible for understanding how the FIA Financial Regulations impact their areas & support in communicating with budget owners
- Communicates financial coding to Budget Holders to ensure that transactions are coded correctly at source
- Working towards an accountancy qualification in CIMA/ACCA or have a similar level of experience
- Have good fundamental Microsoft Excel skills (using pivot tables, vlookups and sumifs)
- Be able to work with large data sets from multiple sources
- A good understanding of PowerBI would be beneficial but not essential
- Be a capable communicator and comfortable dealing with questions they may not immediately know the answer to
- Have experience of month end reporting and posting journals (SAP experience would be helpful, but not essential)
What you get from RBT:
Not only is this a great Assistant Finance Business Partner role, it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free meals & cycle to work scheme.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 26th September 2023
and come back later!