For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
- Red Bull Advanced Technologies has moved on from its pioneering Valkyrie program to work on some of the most ground-breaking projects across the globe. Along with developing a Hydrogen Powered Racing category for the ACO, Red Bull Advanced Technologies has forged exciting partnerships with BMC Switzerland & Alinghi Red Bull Racing and is leading innovation with many forward thinking and inspiring projects.
- We are now looking for an Aerodynamic Surface Design Engineer to join us at our campus in Milton Keynes. It is a unique opportunity for a surfacer to be involved in utilising parametric modelling techniques to enable rapid aerodynamic concept development and to generate A-class surface models to the very highest standard in showroom quality surfaces.
- You will be working within the Aerodynamics Group on exciting new ventures, generating surfaces from 2D drawings & wireframe and preparing the geometry for CFD. In addition to working with our highly skilled aerodynamicists, you will be required to interpret brand and design language, working alongside stylists to create stunning visual results. You will be involved in the complete development cycle from initial concepts through to deployment within an open minded and dynamic team.
To fulfil this position, you will need:
- A minimum of a Degree or equivalent in Industrial Design or Engineering
- Proficient and experienced in CAD Software, preferably in NX
- Experience working in a competitive, fast-paced, engineering environment
- Experience within F1 is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with stylists and Alias is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- An organised and methodical approach to work
What can we Offer you?
Not only is this a fantastic role, it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, free on site gym & fitness classes, free food, a cycle to work scheme and of course free Red Bull to keep you firing on all cylinders!
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the application
Applications close on 1st July 2022
and come back later!