Reporting line: Insights Manager
Location: Flexible – at home with expectation of working at The Training Centre on a basis agreed with line manager dependent on location
Contract: Permanent, full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Rangers Football Club as a Technical Scout. Working as part of the Scouting Insights Team, the Technical Scout’s primary objective is to use video to identify and monitor talent capable of “playing and winning for Rangers FC”.
The Technical Scout must have a strong understanding of football and a high level of technical expertise across several areas. Specifically, the assessment of players using video and analytics programs such as Wyscout, Sportscode and video annotation tools such as Piero. The Technical Scout must be able to work within a digital framework inclusive of Cloud-based systems such as ISF and Dropbox. As required, the role will have elements of live scouting associated with it, and as such, the candidate should be equally comfortable doing individual or match reports.
The Technical Scout will play an instrumental role within our insights team and will be expected to deliver at a significantly high level. An exceptional eye for detail, a relentless work ethic and an ability to manage your work and support the work of others are vital aspects of this role.
As a highly skilled technical staff member, you will be expected to have your finger on the pulse with regards to market intelligence, news items and social media. You must consistently communicate well, ensuring good quality insights and reasons behind your decisions, actions, and opinions.
The Technical Scout must be able to work in a fast-paced, modern, digital environment where high pressure and high expectations are normal.
Play a leading role in the Club’s talent identification process.
- Proactively scout using video to identify talent playing in senior and emerging talent markets.
- Work closely within the Scouting Insights Team to:.
- Act as the first filter for all identified players.
- Actively monitor specific leagues and regions of interest
- Assess players identified from live scouting | Working collaborately with Domestic and European Scouts.
- Filter intermediary recommendations
- Ensure players highlighted via data are assessed via video
- Maintain active ‘Monitor’ and ‘target’ lists for all players being watched.
- Remain simultaneously proactive and reactive to the changing landscape and the needs of the Rangers FC
- Ensure excellent collaboration and communication exists between all critical roles within the department
- Prioritising: performance levels and potential, you must be able to communicate within the context of the department’s overall strategic vision. – “identifying players capable of playing and winning for Rangers FC.”
- An essential part of this is being comfortable with modern and traditional scouting methods.
- Eyes: Written report – digital format to support video content (ISF)
- Video: Video reports – initial filtering process via Wyscout subsequent clipping process using Sportscode
- Data: Data science – being able to integrate data and data processes into video scouting
- Support internal and external discussions about prospective signings, strategy and scouting methodologies as and when required.
- Be an active and present at all scout meetings
- Support the preparation process for all scout meetings
- Constructively challenge the strategy and methodologies of technical scouting
- Work on a daily basis with the Scouting Insights Team to process content based on the specific positional needs of the Club.
- Ensure games are clipped accurately and efficiently using Sportscode.
- Ensure collated movie organisers exist for all ‘target’ and higher priority ‘monitor’ players
- Manage own and other content on the centralised content management system
- Ensure ISF is up to date for all video games processed
- Add, manage, and collate notes in ISF on all players who watched
- Maintain excellent house-keeping protocols when creating and managing content
- Communicate with Scouting Insights Team daily
- Flag all high priority and urgent information to the Scouting Insights Manager.
- Support the creation and delivery of due diligence documents as and when required
- Support the delivery of daily, weekly, and monthly progress reports
- Be available to travel both domestically and internationally to support live scouting process when required
- Identify opportunities to see players you have been tracking via video in a live context
- Champion the RFC scouting process inside and outside of the Football Club
The candidate attributes include:
- Football / Scouting / Analysis background
- Passionate about providing insights based on live scouting and intel
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Naturally inquisitive
- Dedicated, flexible approach to working hours and travel
- Excellent soft skills, with an ability to excel in a modern footballing environment
- Deliver a high standard of work in a pressurised environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to see a task through to its conclusion
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritise workloads
- Be solutions orientated
- Exceptional technical ability, highly skilled with various analysis tools
- Team player
- Full Driving Licence
Equality & inclusion:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Rangers Football Club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
How To Apply:
If you can add value to our team, please click 'Apply Now' email your CV and cover letter to our recruitment team.
The candidate must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Club Policies and Procedures.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2022.
and come back later!