The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) is the governing body of Rugby Union in Queensland, and is responsible for leading the growth, sustainability, and success of Rugby Union in the state via a robust Strategic Plan in collaboration with Rugby Australia (AU).
The QRU are seeking a Head Physiotherapist, this role will report into the Queensland Reds General Manager of Professional Rugby. The Queensland Reds Head Physiotherapist will lead physiotherapy strategy and services for the Queensland Reds squad and the Queensland Red’s Academy as required; including, but not limited to the assessment, treatment, injury prevention and rehabilitation of injuries.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Lead specialist physiotherapy treatment (including manual therapy, exercise planning and prescription) and support to all players within the Queensland Reds squad as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Manage the musculoskeletal screening of players including entry and exit medicals and post-game triage
- Oversee the delivery of specialist rehabilitation service to all injured (rehab) players part of the Queensland Reds Squad including developing long-term plans and communication of progress to the Reds GM, Head Coach and Head of Athletic Performance
- Coordinate and oversee the scheduling and staffing of massage therapy
- Manage all consumables required and maintenance of physiotherapy equipment.
- Liaise and meet regularly with the Medical and the Athletic Performance team for optimal medical management
- Liaise with national Team Physiotherapists and Doctors regarding the progress and on-going treatment of players of national interest
- Communicate regularly with the Medical & Performance team regarding any specialist physiotherapy issues related to player welfare or performance.
Reporting / Documentation
- Maintain up to date notes on the online player medical management system (Smartabase)
- Complete written reports as required by the Reds General Manager and occasionally the national Lead Physiotherapist if relating to players of national interest
- Deliver a comprehensive end of season review within your area of responsibilities.
Multidisciplinary Team Work / Working Relationships
- Build and maintain relations with all Reds and RA Rugby staff (particularly in the areas of Medicine, Physiotherapy and Athletic Performance) to ensure relationships of trust, respect, support, and continuous and open communication exist
- Build and maintain a relationship of trust and respect with the Reds Medical Department ensuring continuous and open communication
- Oversee effective and efficient information flow between high performance staff and players.
To be successful, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary and post graduate qualifications in Physiotherapy and or Sports Medicine
- More than 10 years employment experience with Professional sporting teams as a physiotherapist
- 8 years experience working in a contact sport as a physiotherapist
- Strength and conditioning qualifications
- Current Physiotherapy registration including up to date personal indemnity insurance
- Demonstrable specialist skills in injury diagnosis and rehabilitation
- Excellent organisational skills including record keeping
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well within a multidisciplinary high performance team environment
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Ability to commit to irregular working hours including weekends
- Sports specific emergency pitch-side training (Immediate Care in Rugby Level 2 or 3)
- Full drivers’ licence
- Excellent IT and organisational skills
- Be highly motivated with ability to work under his/her own direction to achieve performance targets within agreed timeframe
- Have a proactive, flexible performance orientated approach
- An understanding of, and ability to maintain, appropriate medical confidentiality
- Ability to analyse complex medical problems and develop bespoke solutions.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter supporting your application via 'Apply Now'.
Applications close Monday 6th June 2023.
and come back later!