Overall purpose of post:
The Marketing & Engagement Manager will ensure the overall communication of a fully comprehensive customer engagement programme; with key objectives of promoting, communicating and marketing opportunities for the entire Brookes Sport community to participate in sport, fitness and wellness activities; within an inclusive environment.
They will proactively manage the growth and development of a sport, leisure and physical activity engagement programme linking with internal and external partners to enhance the opportunities for the University and wider community. The role holder will oversee communication campaigns and intervention (i.e. targeted events) to engage our diverse community. They will be responsible for all marketing and communication across the entire commercially driven portfolio of Brookes Sport’s services, products and programmes – including our leisure facilities and community provision.
- To communicate Brookes Sport’s programmes, memberships, products, services, initiatives and events which focus on enabling the whole Brookes community to enjoy an active lifestyle. Use software such as Digital to communicate with customers via external facing communications.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and review the Sport Division’s Marketing and Engagement Strategy.
- Strategic lead responsibilities for Brookes Sport’s wellness initiatives – creating opportunities and targeted campaigns to ensure our University community has opportunities to engage in physical activity within a social, inclusive setting.
- Manage and develop the Brookes Sport Ambassador programme.
- To work with senior managers to ensure a varied, diverse and engaging programme of sport, physical activity and wellness initiatives to increase participation and opportunities for socialisation across the whole Brookes Community; including for example, Brookes Active.
- To engage under-represented groups; working with community partners (i.e. Oxford Active, local councils and National Governing Bodies etc) with opportunities to be active within an inclusive environment. This will include undertaking regular analysis of statistics to inform related strategies.
- Manage all main Brookes Sport social media channels to help promote services, enhance reputation, and communicate with customers. Create content (image, video and other). To oversee; regularly engage and advise commercial areas leads (i.e. Swim School, Climbing Centre, Leisure and Sports Bar) with regards social media and online presence of the Sports Departments’ various commercial strands; to ensure adherence with the University’s corporate branding guidelines and promote the Brookes Sport brand to drive all-community engagement and income channels. Manage development and design of the Brookes Sport website (https://www.brookes.ac.uk/broo...) and update and maintain information.
- To drive intervention and communicative campaigns in a pre-scheduled, fully communicated and timely manner around local, national and international campaigns (e.g. National Mental Health Day, National Fitness Day, ‘This Girl Can’ etc) to widen our ‘reach’ and promote inclusivity throughout the Brookes Sport brand.
- Represent Brookes Sport in relevant departmental groups (e.g. Chair the ECS Marketing and Communication Group, represent the Sports Department on the University’s Wellness Working Group).
- Highlight commercial opportunities with external partners to the Deputy and Director of Sport and work with the Student Sports Team to develop the alumni network.
- To lead on the development of effective partnerships with internal departments and teams to enhance and develop the quality of the sport engagement offer, meet university objectives and raise the Sports Department’s profile by ‘showcasing’ good news stories and working closely with the University’s centralised communications team in a collaborative and aligned manner.
- Identify opportunities for funding and investment for engagement initiatives and work closely with the Deputy Director of Sport to submit applications, business cases etc for consideration.
- To drive commercial income via maximising the sale of any vacant facility space and ensure a proactive approach to the promotion of space available with targeted audiences.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Director of Sport, agree and set the commercial pricing for facilities across the entire Brookes Sport portfolio; across all sites.
- To play a key role in the Sport Department’s collective managerial leadership team; providing monthly reporting, action plan feedback and wider analysis to the team - and be an ambassador for the positive work of the Department throughout the wider University.
- To promote the agreed standards and values of the Sports Department; as a member of the Department’s leadership team; demonstrate outstanding levels of professionalism and integrity at all times.
- To carry out any other duties as appropriate, in line with the grade of the role.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!