You will lead the kitchen function to achieve the highest standards of food production. You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a strong customer focussed and performance driven quality culture with a key focus on culinary excellence and safety in the workplace. You will develop menus according to matchday and special operation’s needs, while working within an agreed budget.
You will work closely with the Head of Catering and HR Manager in staff management, with a key focus on staff development, training and retention.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation and presentation of high-quality food across a stadium hospitality operation delivering regular high-profile events
- Deliver outstanding menus for diverse requirements across corporate boxes, hospitality suites and non-matchday Hospitality events
- Lead on menu development to keep Trent Bridge at the forefront of menu offers
- Manage a team of Chefs and casual staff, providing leadership, training and coaching as necessary
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene within our kitchens with the support of the wider catering team and implement strict safety rules to achieve a year-on-year reduction in accidents with overall aim of zero accidents.
- Ensure financial documentation, accountancy processes, purchase orders and stocktakes remain accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Uphold the work ethic, pride, team leadership and exacting standards expected at Trent Bridge.
- Develop and implement briefing and training procedures to improve the operational function of the business and ensure the smooth running of the kitchen function.
- Ensure the Club’s HR policies are implemented and commit to pro-active leadership and performance management of the team.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the customer service policy ensuring the highest standards of service across match and non-match day events.
- Support the Head of Catering in the delivery of all Club and venue objectives and contribute to the continual assessment of all activities.
- Provide excellent food and nurture existing supplier relationships and develop new ones.
- Motivate the team and ensure efficient coordination of the day-to-day operation of the kitchen function.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge while developing new Menus and ensure all food and associated products are served and presented to the highest standard.
- Prepare clear, concise and detailed pre-function briefings, with notes as necessary, for all staff including Front of House for the efficient running of every function service.
- Ensure the kitchen and Front of House teams work together seamlessly with the highest levels of communication to provide excellent service for all events.
Administration and HR
- Be accountable for all product delivery and stock management systems including checking, counting, storage, rotation, loss investigation and ensure all stock transfers are clearly recorded.
- Ensure that the Club’s administration procedures are adhered to including the correct and proper use of keys, paperwork, delivery notes, Food Safety Monitoring Records, Health & Safety records and menu costing calculations.
- Meet and exceed dry budgeted gross profit margins.
- Plan and organise all shifts in accordance with the needs of the business to ensure quality service and optimum use of resources.
- Support the Head of Catering in identifying training needs and put in place a programme of continual professional development for all kitchen staff through regular performance reviews and actively contribute to annual performance development reviews.
- Lead kitchen team meetings and training sessions.
- Undertake any further reasonable duties as requested by the Head of Catering.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Club recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing a working environment that is free from discrimination.
The Club will seek to promote the principles of equality and diversity in all its dealings with employees, workers, job applicants, clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, recruitment agencies and the public.
All employees and those who act on the Club’s behalf are required to adhere to this policy when undertaking their duties or when representing the Club in any other guise.
Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services and are committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and the ECB requirements to ensure that all children participating in Cricket have a safe, positive and fun experience, whatever their level of involvement.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to send your CV and covering letter, including details of your current salary and expectations to the recruitment team at Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club.
Click here for the full Job Description.
and come back later!