Norwich City Football Club are seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to join the Academy team in the role of Player Support Officer. The purpose of the role is to support and facilitate the personal growth of players in the PDP, YDP and FDP through focus on a range of areas, including but not limited to induction and transitions, mental and emotional pastoral wellbeing, accommodation management and player/parent voice.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To offer players 1 to 1 mentoring when needed giving them a safe space to share their wishes and feeling.
- In collaboration with the Education department, support the establishment of the life skills curriculum to support the holistic development of each of its Academy players.
- Take responsibility for the 1 to 1 Club Apartment checks (PDP players) and report back to MDT as appropriate.
- Work with the Inclusion and Wellbeing officer to support delivery of training for its Academy Players on equality, diversity and inclusion, each season using the Lifeskills curriculum.
- Using the Academy mental health and wellbeing plan, coordinate a Pastoral Care plan to support all Academy registered players which includes mental and emotional well-being.
- Support the Academy Manager in establishing, maintaining and, when necessary, implementing a complaints procedure for Academy Players and Parents.
- To be a member of the Academy DSO (Designated Safeguarding Officer) network.
- Be part of the Academy Operations Team in attending PDP, YDP, FDP tours, tournaments and overnight competitions in respect of supporting the players. Leading on personal care and welfare aspect of the tour and it’s documentation to ensure effective planning and execution.
- Attend Academy fixtures as Player Support for proactive Player Care and operational support.
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!