A fantastic opportunity to deliver high quality coaching as part of our Rugby Union programme. The club train twice weekly (Monday and Friday evenings) on our new 3G pitch at Coach Lane, with BUCS fixtures taking place on Wednesday afternoons.
We are seeking a minimum Level 2 Rugby Union coach to deliver specialist Forwards coaching across our Women’s programme. The role is part time (up to 10 hours per week) across up to 32 weeks between September 2023 and May 2024. Attendance will be expected at key University events, including our Coaching Induction Event and Student Sports Fair (both in September).
To provide high quality coaching and support the development of the club in coordination with the Club Committee.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan, develop and deliver safe, effective and appropriate coaching sessions to enable the development of skills and enhanced performance of squads and individual members within the club taking in to account a diverse range of abilities.
- To monitor attendance at club sessions, taking registers where appropriate or where requested by Northumbria Sport.
- To encourage new student members to purchase memberships and monitor closely that only students with paid memberships are attending sessions.
- To provide coaching support at BUCS (British Universities and College Sport) fixtures, and assist with team selection for BUCS fixtures in collaboration with the Club Committee, where agreed.
- To provide feedback on attendance and performance of club members to the Sport Clubs Manager on a monthly basis.
- To regularly communicate with Sport Club Committee members to support development of the club.
- To champion health and safety at all sessions, and to stay up to date with all relevant University H&S policies
- To complete full risk assessments on club activity and venue.
- To be familiar with BUCS rules and regulations and to fulfil all BUCS administration requirements as requested by the Club Development Officers and/or Competitions Manager. This includes providing regular communication to club members participating in BUCS around fixtures, travel, H&S and any other relevant logistics.
- To act as a main point of contact for sport related questions from new and potential student athletes, providing information on the programme, training times and membership price. To act as a positive and professional role model, displaying good coaching conduct at all times, and promoting an enjoyable and inclusive atmosphere
- Ensure you are approachable, helpful, polite, knowledgeable about our products and services and consistently professional.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably fall within the remit of the post and as required by the Sport Clubs Manager.
- Location for training will be agreed in advanced and can include facilities on and off Northumbria University Campuses.
- Location for fixtures and competitions can be locally, regionally and nationally.
- Travel will be provided to assist delivery of coaching at away fixtures and competitions.
Hours of Attendance
- This is a part time (number of hours per week to be agreed in advanced) part year (32 weeks between September-May) role. This will include early morning, evening and/or weekend working.
- Attendance will be expected at key dates, including Coaching Induction Day and Student Sports Fair.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to send your CV and covering letter to our Student Sport Clubs Manager Daisy Martin.
Click here for the full Job Description and Person Specification.
and come back later!