About the Role:
The Executive General Manager - Commercial Partnerships will play a pivotal role in driving revenue and margin targets through the strategic development and management of commercial partnerships. This key Leadership Team position requires collaboration across departments, ensuring the holistic success of the NBL and embodying the organization's values.
Strategy and Management:
- Develop and lead the NBL Commercial Partner strategic plan, aligning with revenue and margin targets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Executive and Leadership Team members to ensure coordinated efforts in achieving commercial partners' success.
- Monitor and deliver financial and strategic objectives, particularly related to revenue and margin targets.
- Work closely with the GM Commercial Operations to ensure seamless execution of commercial partner plans.
- Provide oversight to the Commercial Partners team, ensuring the development and implementation of high-quality strategic plans.
Partner Servicing and Management:
- Co-create tailored strategies with each commercial partner to achieve mutual KPIs and NBL budgeted revenue and margin.
- Build strong relationships with key leaders of each commercial partner.
- Research and understand each partner's business, identifying opportunities for expansion.
- Manage fulfillment of contractual deliverables and commitments.
- Continuously review yield/margin of commercial inventory and report accordingly.
New Partner Business Development:
- Identify new revenue-generating activities and assets.
- Secure new partners to enhance the NBL portfolio or replace existing partners in key categories.
- Collaborate with Leadership and Executive Team members to identify commercial opportunities with existing partnerships.
- Work with clubs to explore new commercial opportunities for the league and clubs to collaborate.
- Proven leadership experience in a high-profile, demanding, and fast-paced commercial environment.
- Success in building excellent working relationships within leadership teams or Boards.
- Track record of leading sales teams to achieve targets.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Demonstrated commercial judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Effective communication with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience and understanding of the sports market.
- Strong financial literacy, ability to monitor progress against operating plans.
- P&L management and financial acumen.
- Excellent experience in sponsorship and B2B sales.
- High-value selling, negotiating, and persuasive skills with a demonstrable track record.
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!