- Consider yourself to be a social media expert? Put your skills to the ultimate
- Work for a league entering its biggest and most exciting phase of growth
- Join a highly collaborative & easy-going team
About the Company
The National Basketball League (NBL) is regarded as one of the premier basketball organisations and is home to some of the world’s best athletes. It operates an innovative media platform, always searching for the next growth opportunity, and is a sports entertainment experience like no other.
The NBL is chiefly responsible for the management and delivery of the men's professional basketball league in Australia and New Zealand. With a focus on success and growth, the NBL's vision and determination, is to be positioned as one of the leading sporting codes in Australia.
As our Digital & Social Media Manager, you will possess unmatched social media knowledge and have a natural flare for communications. Being the social media “voice” of the league, you will continue to drive engagement and promote social media campaigns, website, competitions & gameday comms, and more - all with the main aim of driving awareness and growing TV viewership and audiences.
Join the team in time for the start of the NBL23 season and work collaboratively with the broader media team to develop sound strategies, curate content in advance and/or in the moment, and be an integral support to the General Manager - Digital & Content.
- Develop and manage online content to maximise reach and viewership for NBL.com.au and the League’s social channels
- Create, write and post social media content and assist with written website content on a daily basis, in accordance with plans and organisational objectives
- Assist production/video team in creation of video content, ensuring best practice and high production values
- Manage social media communities including social listening, encouraging conversation and responding to fans, corporates and consumers in consultation with the Digital Product Executive, the commercial department and senior management team
- Develop and implement social media plans and policy for the organisation and clubs in line with the strategic direction of the marketing & communications department
- Build relationships with key industry influencers to harness new opportunities
- Develop the social media and website content schedules, feeding into an overarching marketing & communications content calendar, in conjunction with the GM – Digital Media & Content, Digital Content Coordinator and Multimedia Designer.
- Assist in management of League and club digital platforms, including website, mobile site and mobile apps
- Be a social media ambassador within the business, sharing knowledge and best practice
- Carry out regular audits of current social media processes, tools, platforms and agency partners, to formulate recommendations on future approach
- Regularly monitor online trends and competitors to ensure leading edge social media innovation, channel development and growth.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Marketing/Media & Communications experience
- Ability to engage in a positive manner and on brand for the NBL
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Keen interest/passion for sports
- Consistently meet deadlines and adaptable
- Self-motivated, self-starter with high attention to detail, and high personal accountability
- Excellent social management experience, with measurement & reporting skills
- Willing to work outside of regular hours to engage in alignment with the sports/entertainment industry
- Solid knowledge of social media marketing & content planning
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a wider team
About the Benefits
- Competitive salary and career progression opportunities
- Work for a League entering most exciting phase of growth
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with a collaborative and passionate team
How to Apply
Please click "Apply Now” to begin the online application process.
Full Job description and Person Specification available here.
and come back later!