The primary objective of the Cricket Operations Officer is to take forward the implementation of the Provincial Union’s Operations and the effective and efficient implementation of the Union’s day-to-day business. The role will assist the delivery of key objectives contained within the Munster Cricket Union Strategic Plan. Particularly, if not entirely, in relation to the smooth running of the organisation’s cricket and technical operations and to satisfycompliance procedures and protocols as laid down by the Munster Cricket Union (MCU), relevant funding bodies and Cricket Ireland (CI).
SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Third level degree in a related area is desired but not mandatory (Sports or Recreational & Leisure Management etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar cricket or sporting role; preferably managing teams or administrative.
- Must be prepared to work out of office hours and on weekends / bank- holidays. ∙ Access to suitable transport to meet the needs of the post.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Experience with database management
- Confidence to suggest and implement process improvements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A thorough knowledge and interest in cricket, particularly rules, regulations and policies associated with provincial and domestic cricket is recommended for this role
- Working proficiency of Microsoft software (Office, Word, Excel & powerpoint)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the administrative, planning, and day-to-day operations of the MCU
- Provide oversight/support to MCU domestic cricket competitions in support of the Competitions Committee and others, where required
- Provide oversight/support for the competition management and live scoring system
- Manage all aspects of the MCU Offices when required
- Provide team administration support to Munster Reds, Emerging Reds( Heat ) and MCU Regional Development Programmes (Male and Female)
- Provide logistical match day and event support as required at Munster Reds matches, Emerging Reds (heat ) matches, Youth Interprovincials and other cricket events as required. This may include travel outside ROI
- Support the administration, delivery and management of Coach Education development programmes
- Support the administration, delivery and management of Club Development programmes, including Club Accreditation schemes
- Assist/support local administration of visa eligibility compliance where required
- Identify and prepare grant funding applications from a variety of sources in conjunction with the MCU staff team ∙ Administer the MCU Club Facilities Grant Scheme with the Clubs Committee
- Provide input to MCU budget planning and management accounts
- Work closely with a wide variety of key stakeholders including players, clubs, committees, sections, Cricket Ireland, Government and its agencies, as well as other relevant non-government & sporting organisations
- Where required support the administrative functions for various MCU Committees, including management of volunteers who assist with those functions
- Develop strategic partnerships with external parties and organisation to further the development of the sport
- Any other duties within reason that the MCU Management Board deem necessary
Interested applicants please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing how their skills meet the skills and experience requirements outlined above by clicking 'Apply Now' via our recruitment portal or call General Manager, Joseph Moynihan 085 873 6370 for a confidential discussion.
Please Note: all applicants must have eligibility to work within ROI & NI.
The closing date for applications is June 18th .
Subsequent interviews for the role will then take place on Thursday and Friday the 22/23 of June .
and come back later!