As a passionate marketing data professional, you will help to ensure we deliver excellence in the formation and delivery of marketing campaigns most commonly via our CRM system. The successful candidate will assist in setting up and delivering key email campaigns and providing insights on performance. The role would be a good fit for you if you have a keen interest in data insight and how it can drive revenue for the business, as well as a passion for football.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessing the club’s monthly CRM activity, making recommendations and suggestions on how email, push notifications, and SMS can drive traffic, revenue, and long-term business growth
- Helping to create segmentation lists to be used for email campaigns
- Coordinating daily email campaigns on behalf of all departments
- Working closely with the marketing and media colleagues to provide copy for emails, ensuring that the text is proof-read, and all links are working accordingly
- Extracting data from the CRM to create detailed reports
- Tracking email campaigns to ensure that we are not missing opportunities to further communicate with supporters to increase revenue
- Flagging any issues with the delivery of email campaigns and working to find a resolution - Identifying opportunities and direction using our data
- Receiving and answering queries about data insight/handling, Single Sign On, Tableau and retention campaigns
- Liaising with our CRM provider to make best use of the platform’s capabilities.
- Ensuring the health and maintenance of the database
- General administrative tasks in support of marketing and media colleagues
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Eye for opportunities and improvement
- Commercially driven
- You have a ‘can-do ‘attitude and understand the power of data
- Enjoy liaising across all departments and engaging them on the CRM capabilities and opportunities
- Passionate about supporter behaviour and understanding the commercial benefit and value to be gained through increasing the relevancy of communications
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills and the ability to manage your own workload
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Team player
Hours of work:
You will be required to work 35 hours per week and you will be expected to work as reasonably required to fulfil the needs of the business.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Due to the quantity of applicants expected, only those short-listed will be notified.
Closing date for applications: Friday 12th August 2022
Start Date: Flexible
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation. All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Millwall Football Club are fully committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and anti-discrimination. We will work to address areas of under-representation and disadvantage in all aspects of our operations, activities and services. In practice, this means that we will respect the needs of each and every individual regardless of their differences; and to this end we will deliver our operations, activities and services in such a way so as to ensure that that no one is excluded.