To support the Head of Athletics in the development and management of Athletics strategy and objectives and to assist in building an effective internal competition strategy for all students in summer term.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Safeguarding children is the responsibility of all members of Millfield staff.
- Support the Head of Athletics in development and management of Athletics strategy and objectives.
- Support the year-round coaching of Athletics at Millfield School.
- Coaching of Specialist Coaching Sessions.
- Lead programming of support for year 9-10 Multi Sport students.
- Lead management of English Schools cup team.
- Lead the planning and delivery of Athletics MAP.
- Act as lead coach to one event group in the competition and Team Millfield (Development) programmes in agreement with the Head of Athletics.
- Manage competition logistics and delivery as directed by the Head of Athletics.
- Associated admin as directed by the Head of Athletics.
- Support the Millfield Sport programme with coaching across sport as below:
- Support the Head of Athletics in the delivery of out of term time activity including but not limited to training camps to students, masterclass sessions, community-based camps.
- Any other duties that your line manager sees fit, providing that such duties are appropriate to your role.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- UK Athletics level 2 coaching award or equivalent. (Athletics Coach, UKA Event Group Coach)
- Experience of coaching to a minimum of English Schools Championships level and proven track record of supporting Athletes from school/ club to ESAA Champs (or equivalent).
- Experience of coaching to international schools’ level would be an advantage
- Commitment to their own development
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!