At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and Grand Prix winner George Russell.
Whether working in our Operations, Technical, Race or Business Support functions, we are all in and aspire to build the greatest team in the history of our sport.
Every individual plays their part. No stone is left unturned in the chase for every tenth of a second. The history of our sport is long and rich, and we are continuing our journey with renewed effort year on year. Record books remember the names of a few, but history is written by the many.
A vacancy has arisen for a Mercedes-AMG Cooperation Manager in the Communications department of the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing and coordinating various Communications and Marketing initiatives for Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, and within our Team. A comprehensive understanding of Events Management and Sports Marketing is essential to ensure the seamless execution of activations for one of the team's shareholders, striving for best-in-class delivery.
As the Mercedes-AMG Cooperation Manager you will:
- Foster and manage relationships with key stakeholders involved in day-to-day activations, including the Motorsport team and crucial local markets.
- Immerse yourself fully in the Mercedes-AMG Motorsport team to provide top-notch support for their F1 Team activations.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to ensure alignment of stakeholders and priorities.
- Assist in setting key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives, led by the shareholder team, for all F1 activations.
- Contribute to the planning, development, and execution of F1 activation concepts both on and off the track, targeting Mercedes-Benz markets as well as non-F1 markets.
- Work closely with our in-house hospitality team to support HQ and local markets with their hospitality programs, both trackside and at the factory in Brackley.
- Plan and execute exceptional hospitality experiences for senior management and key stakeholders.
- Provide support to the communications team as needed, particularly in activities led by specialists, such as content creation for digital channels and advertorial campaigns.
- Proactively take charge of all activation account administration, including conducting weekly status calls, preparing status reports, consolidating Grand Prix photography requests, and managing project plans and reporting as required.
- Lead annual account administration, covering team kit, gifts and giveaways, travel requirements, and finance management, including the recharging and SLA process.
- Actively identify opportunities for collaboration between Mercedes-AMG and Team Partners when appropriate.
- Manage and provide support for driver and management activities for both Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes-Benz.
- Support the broader team in leading activation-level communications within the wider shareholder group as needed.
- Process and address media inquiries from Mercedes-Benz markets related to the F1 Team.
To be successful you will have:
- Good relationship management and proven experience in dealing with stakeholders at various levels, as well as the ability to balance the priorities and opinions of multiple stakeholders.
- Experience and understanding of the automotive industry.
- First class organisational and time management skills, along with a ‘can do’ and team orientated attitude.
- Proven experience in event management.
- Proven delivery across a range of motorsport activations from internal campaigns to global TVCs.
- High attention to detail across multiple activations.
- Ability to multitask across various projects at any given time
- Fluent in German & English.
- A strong awareness across F1 and the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team for contextualisation. It is advantageous to have experience in working within the Mercedes-Benz corporation and have an established understanding of its structure.
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including a generous bonus scheme, Mercedes car lease scheme, private medical cover, life assurance and 25 days holiday. We pride ourselves on our family-friendly environment, employee well-being programme and offer flexible working opportunities.
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack. We take pride in creating an innovative, collaborative and high-performance culture where all of our team members are respected, empowered and valued.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. Whatever your background, we believe that you will find working with us rewarding and enriching.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 27th February 2024
and come back later!