We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Logistics Technician to join our team on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract, within our Composites Manufacturing department. The Materials department is responsible for controlling both raw material and consumable stock. In addition, they cut raw material kits into various shapes using our cutting machine of all key composite components and assemblies that form the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One car, such as the chassis, gearbox carriers, wings, and floors. The successful candidate will learn to manage the stock correctly and produce kits to the highest quality.
As Materials Logistics Technician, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining local consumable stock levels via a Kanban system.
- Organising kits into sequential order.
- Coordinating raw material deliveries across our cold storage.
- Transfer of material from freezer to kit cutting area – manage defrost times.
- Operating automated cutting table to produce kits for the laminating team - prioritising workload using manufacturing schedule.
- Ensure material out-life is logged and managed to optimise material usage.
- Recording of relevant quantity and batch information in ERP system.
- Support ad hoc material requests to ensure the operator running the cutting table is working efficiently.
- Storage of carbon stock plates – vacuum packaging and stock rotation.
- Laminating film glue packs.
- Ensuring a high level of housekeeping in the area
- Working in accordance with the department Health and Safety requirements.
- Assist other areas of the business – Autoclave & Break-out dept.
During your time with MGP, you will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the materials and manufacturing processes used to manufacture parts.
- Learn to understand and interpret engineering drawings, manufacturing handbooks to manufacture complex components to tight tolerance's.
- Help contribute to our high housekeeping standards and maintain clean and tidy workshops.
- Work with a variety of high-grade materials including, carbon fibre (woven fabrics, unidirectional), film adhesives, titanium, aluminium and paste adhesive.
- To work in a variety of other departments within the business as required as part of the traineeship process.
- Safe working to Health and Environmental guidelines with specific attention and working to Departmental Risk Assessments and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
What we are looking for:
- Strong interest in Composites and Engineering.
- Computer literate.
- Work is physical with manual handling required.
- Must be dependable, enthusiastic, and willing to learn.
- Good communication skills.
- Punctual time keeping.
- Reliable and flexible.
- A strong, positive work ethic with a ‘can do, team focused’ approach.
- The successful candidate will believe in self-responsibility and continuous improvement.
- An enquiring mind with a real what, why and how attitude.
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above (these must include English, Maths and Science).
What do we offer:
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
We take pride in creating an innovative, collaborative and high-performance culture where all of our team members are respected, empowered and valued.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. We welcome applications from all and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals.
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including a generous bonus scheme, Mercedes car lease scheme, private medical cover, life assurance and 25 days holiday. We pride ourselves on our family-friendly environment and employee well-being programme.
How to Apply
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to begin the application process.
and come back later!