We have exciting opportunities to join our Composite Manufacturing Department at Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team.
We are currently seeking a Trimmer / Fitter to join our Night shift. Working in the Composite Fitting Shop, the successful candidate will be responsible for fitting and bonding of structural composite components to the highest quality levels.
Key accountabilities / duties
- Trim, bond and assemble carbon fibre components utilizing engineering drawings and build manuals
- Assembling components, jigs and fixtures
- Ability to deal with technical challenges and solve problems as they arise
- Responsible for maintaining the highest quality standards on all manufactured composites components
- Proactively contributing to develop processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Working with manufacturing engineering to support the development of work instructions and taking part in design for manufacture meetings for for new parts/projects
- Working to challenging and demanding deadlines
- Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
- Assisting other areas of the department as required
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate significant previous experience of trimming/fitting a broad range of composite materials in the Motorsport / F1
- Ability to read and understanding detailed technical drawings
- Experience with using air tools, hand tools and adhesives
- A methodical and thorough approach to your work with excellent attention to detail
- Be a self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and be willing to help and support your peers
- Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.
How to Apply
To apply for this role at Mercedes, please click 'Apply Now' to begin completing the application.
Applications for this role close on 30th June 2022
Recruitment Privacy Notice
When you apply for or are referred for a role with Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited (company number 00787446) (“MBGP”) your personal data will be processed by MBGP, who are the data controller. This privacy notice explains what MBGP will do with your personal data when provided or collected in connection with MBGP’s recruitment processes.
and come back later!