The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union - The Rebels - are responsible for creating, developing and managing the growth of both amateur and professional Rugby Union in Victoria. We compete in national and international rugby competitions.
We are a Club that values professionalism, commitment, hard work and LOVE for each other.
We are looking for a driven and skilled Sports Dietitian to join our Athletic-Performance Department. Reporting to the Head of Athletic Performance you will play a pivotal role by supporting and educating our athletes to make choices that will maximise performance through nutrition. You will have a fundamental role in the management of body composition to help athletes achieve and sustain individualised targets to enhance performance and minimise injury risk.
- Liaising and building strong relationships with Head of Athletic Performance, as well as operations, coaching and medical staff.
- Conducting one on one consults to provide individualised dietary advice and education.
- Providing supplement recommendation, education and provisions to players.
- Optimising nutrition and hydration status pre, during and post training and games, including associated travel.
- Coordinating meals for players and staff for training and games.
- Delivering group nutrition education sessions.
- Collection of anthropometric data.
- Ability to create individualised programs to achieve team performance goals
- Demonstrates good knowledge and a commitment to CPE in sports dietetics
- Understands the positional demands of Rugby Union (or similar code)
- Well-organised and planned
- Manages time and workload appropriately.
- Stays up to date with current relevant research, looks for learning opportunities
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take on feedback and be flexible with planning when required
- Excellent communication skills with a broad range of personnel and personalities
- Approachable and willing to collaborate with all members of the team
- Works efficiently and effectively with the team to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to make timely and effective decisions and when to appropriately escalate significant concerns as appropriate
- Seeks help and second opinions when warranted
- Remains professional and discreet at all times
The successful candidate will have the minimum:
- Bachelors & or Masters of Nutrition Science/Dietetics
- Accredited or Advanced Sports Dietician, ideally with Sports Dietitians Australia
- At least 3 years experience as a Dietitian
- Previous experience working with elite athletes or in a professional team environment
- Previous experience in setting up and creating and implementing dietitian department
Key Role Requirements
- Initially this is an 8 month part-time fixed-term contract (20hrs per week), until the end of the Super Rugby Season 2024
- Due to the nature of this role working so closely with the Mens Super Rugby team, the successful candidate will be required to work some weekends and evenings, and some interstate or overseas travel may be required as part of this employment arrangement.
Why Choose the Melbourne Rebels:
- Fantastic culture of grounded people, passionate about what they do
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Travel Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- On-site café
- Free access to the on-site gym at the ICS High Performance Centre
- On-site car parking is available.
- Discounted Rebels memberships and merchandise
- Discounts from our sponsors
We are seeking an immediate start candidate where possible.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' to begin the online application.
Applications close on 14th October 2023
and come back later!