The Rebels are responsible for creating, developing and managing the growth of both amateur and professional Rugby Union in Victoria. We compete in national and international rugby competitions.?
We are a Club that values professionalism, commitment, hard work and LOVE for each other.
We are looking for an experienced Strength & Conditioning Coach who has a passion for working with female athletes and the growth of Womens sport. This role is an outstanding opportunity to work as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Melbourne Rebels Women’s Super Rugby squad, and also provides S&C coaching to the Elite Development Pathway and broader Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby Men’s squad athletes. Reporting to the Head of Athletic Performance you will play a leading role implementing ‘best practice’ strength and conditioning in the Women’s program and ensure alignment of HP standards across the club to maximise individual and team performance.
- Liaising and building strong relationships with Head of Athletic Performance, as well as operations, coaching and medical staff.
- Conducting one on one consults to provide individual S&C coaching to achieve performance goals.
- Planning, designing, managing, and coaching the team and individual player strength and conditioning sessions.
- Manage the Elite Pathways athlete’s development including designing strength and conditioning sessions.
- Maintain all relevant physical and performance data (including the use of the Smartabase system and GPS data
- Assist with rehabilitation programs in the event of injury in consultation with the relevant medical staff, in particular the Head Physiotherapist
- Ability to create individualised S&C programs to achieve team performance goals
- Demonstrates good knowledge and a commitment to CPE in elite sports strength and conditioning, especially areas specific to women’s S&C
- Understands the positional demands of Rugby Union (or similar code, ideally contact sport)
- Well-organised and planned
- Manages time and workload appropriately.
- Stays up to date with current relevant research, looks for learning opportunities
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to take on feedback and be flexible with planning when required
- Excellent communication skills with a broad range of personnel and personalities
- Approachable and willing to collaborate with all members of the team
- Works efficiently and effectively with the team to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to make timely and effective decisions and when to appropriately escalate significant concerns as appropriate
- Seeks help and second opinions when warranted
- Remains professional and discreet at all times
The successful candidate will have the minimum:
- Bachelor Degree &/or Masters of Science with majors in Sports Science/S&C (or similar)
- >3 years experience as a Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Previous experience working with elite athletes or in a professional team environment, with a track record of achieving goals working with female athletes
- Previous experience in setting up and creating and implementing S&C within a team sports department
Key Role Requirements
- Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to work some weekends and evenings, and there will be some travel required as part of this employment arrangement.
Why Choose the Melbourne Rebels:
- Fantastic culture of grounded people, passionate about what they do
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Travel Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities
- On-site café
- Free access to the on-site gym at the ICS High Performance Centre
- On-site car parking is available.
- Discounted Rebels memberships and merchandise
- Discounts from our sponsors
We are seeking an immediate start candidate where possible. Initially, FT Contract through to end of the season 2025).
- Human Movement / Coaching / Exercise / Sports Science Degree
- Qualified Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
Click here for the full Job Description and Person Specification.
and come back later!