About the role
The club is seeking to appoint a VFL Club Doctor to jon our Premiership-winning VFL team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the medical team with an oversight of our VFL program.
Key areas of responsibilities
- Overseeing VFL medical program and providing sports and general medicine support as required
- Perform details assessments and acute injury management
- Weekly player management to ensure optimal performance
- Communication with key stakeholders within the VFL football department regarding player status
- Attendance at one training per week in preseason and in season
- Attendance at all VFL games (unless a replacement/fill in doctor is pre-arranged)
- Ensure all medical records and player encounters are entered into MFC Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Liasion with the AFL doctor post games regarding AFL listed player injuries and issues
- Attendance at VFL high performance, medical and welfare meeting as required
- Managing concussions in line with AFL return to play management guidelines
- Performing preseason concussion screening for all VFL main squad players
- Utilising the CsX app for input of concussion screening for AFL listed players
- Attending MFC concussion education as required and providing an end of season audit of all VFL concussions sustained
Key Competencies, Qualifications, Experience and attributes
- PGY 2+
- Registered with APHRA
- Professional Indemnity insuranceValid Working with Vulnerable People & Children Check
- Willing to undergo a Police Check
- Strong interest in working in the team sporting environment
- Experience with working in the sports medicine area
- Self-motivated with a commitment to achieving resultsDemonstrated highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
On offer to you
This position presents the opportunity to work in our newly developed high-performance facility at Casey Fields. You will also have access to Melbourne Football Club games and special events and sponsor related discounts.
Your personal and professional development is important to the Club and we will support you to reach your goals. We provide a welcoming, safe, and flexible approach to work and provide an environment that benefits from and enables the best from everyone.
- Human Movement / Coaching / Exercise / Sports Science Degree
- Sports Medicine / Physio / Allied Health Degree
How to Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to begin your application.
and come back later!