An opportunity has arisen for a Legal Advisor to provide maternity cover on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract (on a hybrid working basis, as required), to join a small team in supporting the needs of the Club’s diverse businesses by providing appropriate, effective and timely legal advice.
The successful candidate will provide proactive and clear legal advice and assistance on a wide range of legal matters where required, for example, data protection, employment, commercial, technology, digital media and retail agreements. They will assist in advising the Club’s operations, where required, on statutory and regulatory compliance.
MCC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, religion, sex, and or other legally protected status. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process, please mention this in a covering email/letter.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Between two and four years’ PQE, this PQE being purely a guide as happy to consider anyone able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
- Experience in data protection, privacy and e-communication.
- Experience in commercial and contract law on a transactional basis.
- Ideally, employment experience.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a small team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Providing proactive and clear legal advice and assistance on a wide range of legal matters where required, for example, data protection, employment, technology, digital media, service, supply, concession and retail agreements and terms and conditions.
- Assisting in advising the Club’s operations where required on statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Assisting in ensuring that the Club’s operations comply with legislative requirements relating to a wide range of licences.
- Contract management and processing, together with drafting and negotiation in connection with a broad range of subjects.
- Reviewing, analysing and updating contractual provisions on a regular basis to ensure they reflect current practice.
- Ad hoc legal research followed up by advice.
This job profile is not an exhaustive or definitive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job profile and duties might be amended as the job evolves in light of the needs of the business and/or at the discretion of management.
VARIATIONS OF JOB RELATING TO MAJOR MATCHES
- Attendance on major match-days, including weekends, as required.
- Any other duties, whether in the Legal Department or elsewhere around the Ground, as required.
Full details can be found within the Job Profile via this LINK
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
- We make informed decisions
- We cut out inefficiency and complexity
- We ensure that everything we do looks, sounds and feels high quality
- We are welcoming hosts to people of all cultures and backgrounds
- We pride ourselves on impeccable manners
- We work with other organisations for the good of the game
- We set our own high standards
- We constantly seek out better ways of working
- We encourage people to be imaginative in their work
Skills and ability testing may form part of the selection process. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the interview/section process, please mention this in a covering email/letter.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply Now' to email your CV and a covering letter to our recruitment team, stating salary expectations.
and come back later!