Marylebone Cricket Club (the Club) is the world’s most active cricket club, custodian of the Laws of Cricket and is also the owner of Lord’s Ground, affectionately known as the “Home of Cricket”. The MCC and Lord’s brands are renowned worldwide and are synonymous with excellence, prestige and providing an enjoyable customer experience, whether at an international cricket match or a special event.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and creative individual to join the design team as a Graphic Designer. The range of duties are diverse and will require the successful candidate to to work closely with the Creative Head and Senior Graphic Designer.
MCC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, religion, sex, and or other legally protected status. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in a covering email/letter.
Key Purpose of Role
- Support the Creative Head and Senior Graphic Designer as part of the creative team within Marketing & Communications producing brand-focused creative communications for MCC & Lord’s brands.
- Provide graphic design output to a variety of audiences across different platforms, including print, digital and social (with motion), large-format print, publication layout and typesetting, signage and packaging.
- Assist with the Senior Graphic Designer in managing our Digital Asset Management System (DAMS).
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Work under the direction of the Creative Head to produce visually impactful creative that adhere’s to MCC’s brand guidelines.
- Develop an understanding of MCC’s brand values, as well as its diverse business units, which can be translated into effective creative communication and through every customer touch point.
- Assist with the production of printed scorecards for all major matches, including the advanced preparation of files to supply for pre-print and over-print, as required across fixtures and formats.
- Create design solutions from concept to completion across all forms of media, including digital platforms.
- Work with the Commercial Department to produce work with the audience, return on investment and customer experience in mind.
- Liaise directly with stakeholders, to present creative rationale, collate feedback and then amend work in a timely manner.
- Provide and logical and clear rationales for creative decisions.
- In conjunction with the Senior Graphic Designer review the assets with the Digital Asset Management System (DAMS) annually, to ensure they continue to be fit for business usage.
- Ensure that creative excellence standards are agreed and met with consistent, accurate and relevant artwork, at all times.
- Liaise directly with print, production and digital media suppliers as and when needed. Responsible for the correct implementation of brand style across all collateral
This job profile is not an exhaustive or definitive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job profile and duties might be amended as the job evolves in light of the needs of the business and/or at the discretion of management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to demonstrate design-related course proficiency through knowledge and experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CC, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Creatively ambitious, adhering to guidelines and challenging our brands to be the best in class.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of layout typesetting for long format publications (print and digital).
- Clear understanding of brands and their values, communicating this through design.
- Willingness to learn and evolve creatively.
- Good literacy and communication skills.
- Flexibility in working hours.
Full details can be found within the Job Profile via this LINK
Please click 'Apply Now' to submit your CV and a covering email/letter with a link to portfolio, stating salary expectations, for the attention of Elizabeth Eludinni, Human Resources Advisor
and come back later!